Thursday, January 2, 2014
OMAK Online registration started Wednesday for the inaugural Omak Orchards in Bloom Half-Marathon and 10K race planned for April 26.
The Fit4Life Coalition is planning the runs starting and ending at Rockwall Cellars, 110 Nicholas Road.
“The objective is to create an opportunity for us to showcase the beautiful landscape we have here,” event spokeswoman Nancy Nash-Mendez said. “We want to showcase our agricultural industry and to increase visitors from the outside to our community.”
To register, click here.
The annual Hoof’n and Woof’n one-mile and 5K event in Riverside is planned for the next day, April 27.
Proceeds from the Omak Orchards in Bloom event will benefit Fit4life Coalition, which organizes all the walk/runs in the community such as the Jingle Bell Jog, and the Zombie and Autumn Leaf runs, she said. Hoof'n and Woof'n benefits Keystone Animal Rescue in Riverside.
The Coalition is also offering a Winter Wellness program starting Monday to help people get ready for the events. The Winter Wellness program will meet every Monday and Wednesday night 6-7:30 p.m. at the Omak High School gym, 20 S. Cedar St.
“This is a free event to any one who would like to participate,” Nash-Mendez said.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash