Thursday, January 2, 2014
OMAK Online registration started Wednesday for the inaugural Omak Orchards in Bloom Half-Marathon and 10K race planned for April 26.
The Fit4Life Coalition is planning the runs starting and ending at Rockwall Cellars, 110 Nicholas Road.
“The objective is to create an opportunity for us to showcase the beautiful landscape we have here,” event spokeswoman Nancy Nash-Mendez said. “We want to showcase our agricultural industry and to increase visitors from the outside to our community.”
To register, click here.
The annual Hoof’n and Woof’n one-mile and 5K event in Riverside is planned for the next day, April 27.
Proceeds from the Omak Orchards in Bloom event will benefit Fit4life Coalition, which organizes all the walk/runs in the community such as the Jingle Bell Jog, and the Zombie and Autumn Leaf runs, she said. Hoof'n and Woof'n benefits Keystone Animal Rescue in Riverside.
The Coalition is also offering a Winter Wellness program starting Monday to help people get ready for the events. The Winter Wellness program will meet every Monday and Wednesday night 6-7:30 p.m. at the Omak High School gym, 20 S. Cedar St.
“This is a free event to any one who would like to participate,” Nash-Mendez said.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge