Thursday, January 2, 2014
ORONDO An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death of a local man found on the ground next to his truck Sunday.
David Schnelle, 55, was found on the ground beside his truck, which was still running and parked near the intersection of Rainbow Lane and Orondo Loop.
Douglas County responders were notified of the man seen on the ground at 9:03 a.m. Sunday. Medical personnel declared him dead at the scene.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, there was noting "immediately apparent" which would suggest a crime. But with an unknown cause of death, the autopsy was ordered.
Deputies have notified the next of kin.
"The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office sends its deepest condolences to the friends and family of the deceased," Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge