Thursday, January 2, 2014
ORONDO An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death of a local man found on the ground next to his truck Sunday.
David Schnelle, 55, was found on the ground beside his truck, which was still running and parked near the intersection of Rainbow Lane and Orondo Loop.
Douglas County responders were notified of the man seen on the ground at 9:03 a.m. Sunday. Medical personnel declared him dead at the scene.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, there was noting "immediately apparent" which would suggest a crime. But with an unknown cause of death, the autopsy was ordered.
Deputies have notified the next of kin.
"The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office sends its deepest condolences to the friends and family of the deceased," Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash