Thursday, January 2, 2014
ORONDO An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death of a local man found on the ground next to his truck Sunday.
David Schnelle, 55, was found on the ground beside his truck, which was still running and parked near the intersection of Rainbow Lane and Orondo Loop.
Douglas County responders were notified of the man seen on the ground at 9:03 a.m. Sunday. Medical personnel declared him dead at the scene.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, there was noting "immediately apparent" which would suggest a crime. But with an unknown cause of death, the autopsy was ordered.
Deputies have notified the next of kin.
"The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office sends its deepest condolences to the friends and family of the deceased," Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge