Thursday, January 2, 2014
ORONDO An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death of a local man found on the ground next to his truck Sunday.
David Schnelle, 55, was found on the ground beside his truck, which was still running and parked near the intersection of Rainbow Lane and Orondo Loop.
Douglas County responders were notified of the man seen on the ground at 9:03 a.m. Sunday. Medical personnel declared him dead at the scene.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, there was noting "immediately apparent" which would suggest a crime. But with an unknown cause of death, the autopsy was ordered.
Deputies have notified the next of kin.
"The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office sends its deepest condolences to the friends and family of the deceased," Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week