Thursday, January 2, 2014
ORONDO An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death of a local man found on the ground next to his truck Sunday.
David Schnelle, 55, was found on the ground beside his truck, which was still running and parked near the intersection of Rainbow Lane and Orondo Loop.
Douglas County responders were notified of the man seen on the ground at 9:03 a.m. Sunday. Medical personnel declared him dead at the scene.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, there was noting "immediately apparent" which would suggest a crime. But with an unknown cause of death, the autopsy was ordered.
Deputies have notified the next of kin.
"The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office sends its deepest condolences to the friends and family of the deceased," Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan