Originally published January 2, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated January 1, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
PATEROS Nearly 50 people turned out Tuesday night to ring in 2014 at the inaugural Masquerade Ball at The Central Building events center.
Residents and visitors danced, dined and lit wish lanterns shortly before midnight as they bid adieu to 2013 and welcomed 2014 at the center located across the parking lot from Pateros Lakeshore Inn at 223 Lakeshore Drive.
The lanterns contained a fuel cell that when lit heated essentially created a hot air balloon that lifted their new year's wishes - written on the lantern - high into the air and out over the Columbia River.
Revelers also shared a champagne toast at midnight.
The event, which was the only major New Year's Eve celebration in Okanogan County, was sponsored by the inn and Rivers Restaurant, both owned by Howard and Marilyn Asmussen of Loomis.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge