Originally published January 2, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated January 1, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
PATEROS Nearly 50 people turned out Tuesday night to ring in 2014 at the inaugural Masquerade Ball at The Central Building events center.
Residents and visitors danced, dined and lit wish lanterns shortly before midnight as they bid adieu to 2013 and welcomed 2014 at the center located across the parking lot from Pateros Lakeshore Inn at 223 Lakeshore Drive.
The lanterns contained a fuel cell that when lit heated essentially created a hot air balloon that lifted their new year's wishes - written on the lantern - high into the air and out over the Columbia River.
Revelers also shared a champagne toast at midnight.
The event, which was the only major New Year's Eve celebration in Okanogan County, was sponsored by the inn and Rivers Restaurant, both owned by Howard and Marilyn Asmussen of Loomis.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE