Originally published January 2, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated January 1, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
PATEROS Nearly 50 people turned out Tuesday night to ring in 2014 at the inaugural Masquerade Ball at The Central Building events center.
Residents and visitors danced, dined and lit wish lanterns shortly before midnight as they bid adieu to 2013 and welcomed 2014 at the center located across the parking lot from Pateros Lakeshore Inn at 223 Lakeshore Drive.
The lanterns contained a fuel cell that when lit heated essentially created a hot air balloon that lifted their new year's wishes - written on the lantern - high into the air and out over the Columbia River.
Revelers also shared a champagne toast at midnight.
The event, which was the only major New Year's Eve celebration in Okanogan County, was sponsored by the inn and Rivers Restaurant, both owned by Howard and Marilyn Asmussen of Loomis.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge