Originally published January 2, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated January 1, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
PATEROS Nearly 50 people turned out Tuesday night to ring in 2014 at the inaugural Masquerade Ball at The Central Building events center.
Residents and visitors danced, dined and lit wish lanterns shortly before midnight as they bid adieu to 2013 and welcomed 2014 at the center located across the parking lot from Pateros Lakeshore Inn at 223 Lakeshore Drive.
The lanterns contained a fuel cell that when lit heated essentially created a hot air balloon that lifted their new year's wishes - written on the lantern - high into the air and out over the Columbia River.
Revelers also shared a champagne toast at midnight.
The event, which was the only major New Year's Eve celebration in Okanogan County, was sponsored by the inn and Rivers Restaurant, both owned by Howard and Marilyn Asmussen of Loomis.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE