Originally published January 2, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated January 1, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
PATEROS Nearly 50 people turned out Tuesday night to ring in 2014 at the inaugural Masquerade Ball at The Central Building events center.
Residents and visitors danced, dined and lit wish lanterns shortly before midnight as they bid adieu to 2013 and welcomed 2014 at the center located across the parking lot from Pateros Lakeshore Inn at 223 Lakeshore Drive.
The lanterns contained a fuel cell that when lit heated essentially created a hot air balloon that lifted their new year's wishes - written on the lantern - high into the air and out over the Columbia River.
Revelers also shared a champagne toast at midnight.
The event, which was the only major New Year's Eve celebration in Okanogan County, was sponsored by the inn and Rivers Restaurant, both owned by Howard and Marilyn Asmussen of Loomis.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge