Thursday, February 27, 2014
OMAK A .22 rimfire paper target silhouette match is planned for Saturday at the indoor range at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 Old Riverside Highway.
Practice and sighting-in starts at 8:30 a.m., spokesman Ralph Malone said. Record firing starts at 9 a.m.
There is a charge.
A match consists of 10 shots for record each at paper chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams, Malone said.
“Bring some extra ammo for practice before the 40-shot match,” he said.
Equipment requirements include tube-fed .22 rim fire rifles with iron sights. Any action type is allowed as long as the rifle is tube-fed and iron-sighted.
Juniors are welcome and will be allowed to shoot any rifle they can safely handle, with no limitation as to sights or feed mechanism.
“This match is great fun, very good practice and it doesn’t last all day,” Malone said. “So you can show up at 8:30 and be headed back for the rest of your day by 10.”
More like this story
- VIDEO: Okanogan County Commissioner Candidate Forum
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge