Thursday, February 27, 2014
OMAK A .22 rimfire paper target silhouette match is planned for Saturday at the indoor range at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 Old Riverside Highway.
Practice and sighting-in starts at 8:30 a.m., spokesman Ralph Malone said. Record firing starts at 9 a.m.
There is a charge.
A match consists of 10 shots for record each at paper chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams, Malone said.
“Bring some extra ammo for practice before the 40-shot match,” he said.
Equipment requirements include tube-fed .22 rim fire rifles with iron sights. Any action type is allowed as long as the rifle is tube-fed and iron-sighted.
Juniors are welcome and will be allowed to shoot any rifle they can safely handle, with no limitation as to sights or feed mechanism.
“This match is great fun, very good practice and it doesn’t last all day,” Malone said. “So you can show up at 8:30 and be headed back for the rest of your day by 10.”
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge