Thursday, February 27, 2014
OMAK A .22 rimfire paper target silhouette match is planned for Saturday at the indoor range at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 Old Riverside Highway.
Practice and sighting-in starts at 8:30 a.m., spokesman Ralph Malone said. Record firing starts at 9 a.m.
There is a charge.
A match consists of 10 shots for record each at paper chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams, Malone said.
“Bring some extra ammo for practice before the 40-shot match,” he said.
Equipment requirements include tube-fed .22 rim fire rifles with iron sights. Any action type is allowed as long as the rifle is tube-fed and iron-sighted.
Juniors are welcome and will be allowed to shoot any rifle they can safely handle, with no limitation as to sights or feed mechanism.
“This match is great fun, very good practice and it doesn’t last all day,” Malone said. “So you can show up at 8:30 and be headed back for the rest of your day by 10.”
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge