Thursday, February 27, 2014
OMAK A .22 rimfire paper target silhouette match is planned for Saturday at the indoor range at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 Old Riverside Highway.
Practice and sighting-in starts at 8:30 a.m., spokesman Ralph Malone said. Record firing starts at 9 a.m.
There is a charge.
A match consists of 10 shots for record each at paper chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams, Malone said.
“Bring some extra ammo for practice before the 40-shot match,” he said.
Equipment requirements include tube-fed .22 rim fire rifles with iron sights. Any action type is allowed as long as the rifle is tube-fed and iron-sighted.
Juniors are welcome and will be allowed to shoot any rifle they can safely handle, with no limitation as to sights or feed mechanism.
“This match is great fun, very good practice and it doesn’t last all day,” Malone said. “So you can show up at 8:30 and be headed back for the rest of your day by 10.”
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge