Thursday, February 27, 2014
OMAK A .22 rimfire paper target silhouette match is planned for Saturday at the indoor range at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 Old Riverside Highway.
Practice and sighting-in starts at 8:30 a.m., spokesman Ralph Malone said. Record firing starts at 9 a.m.
There is a charge.
A match consists of 10 shots for record each at paper chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams, Malone said.
“Bring some extra ammo for practice before the 40-shot match,” he said.
Equipment requirements include tube-fed .22 rim fire rifles with iron sights. Any action type is allowed as long as the rifle is tube-fed and iron-sighted.
Juniors are welcome and will be allowed to shoot any rifle they can safely handle, with no limitation as to sights or feed mechanism.
“This match is great fun, very good practice and it doesn’t last all day,” Malone said. “So you can show up at 8:30 and be headed back for the rest of your day by 10.”
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge