Thursday, February 27, 2014
OMAK A .22 rimfire paper target silhouette match is planned for Saturday at the indoor range at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 Old Riverside Highway.
Practice and sighting-in starts at 8:30 a.m., spokesman Ralph Malone said. Record firing starts at 9 a.m.
There is a charge.
A match consists of 10 shots for record each at paper chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams, Malone said.
“Bring some extra ammo for practice before the 40-shot match,” he said.
Equipment requirements include tube-fed .22 rim fire rifles with iron sights. Any action type is allowed as long as the rifle is tube-fed and iron-sighted.
Juniors are welcome and will be allowed to shoot any rifle they can safely handle, with no limitation as to sights or feed mechanism.
“This match is great fun, very good practice and it doesn’t last all day,” Malone said. “So you can show up at 8:30 and be headed back for the rest of your day by 10.”
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge