Thursday, February 27, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Josh Mitchell of Osoyoos, B.C., scored the winning goal for the Rochester Institute of Technology’s men’s hockey team Saturday.
Mitchell, by way of the Alberni Valley Bulldogs, scored with 9:22 left in regulation to snap a 2-2 tie and lift RIT (9-18-5 overall, 8-14-3 league) to a 3-2 win over rival Air Force Academy (19-11-4, 14-8-3 AHA) in front of 2,311 fans on the cadets home ice.
Mitchell crashed the net and took a perfect feed from Mike Colavecchia (Maple, Ontario/Lindsay Muskies), tipping a shot from the crease past Jason Torf for his sixth goal of the season.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge