Thursday, February 27, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Josh Mitchell of Osoyoos, B.C., scored the winning goal for the Rochester Institute of Technology’s men’s hockey team Saturday.
Mitchell, by way of the Alberni Valley Bulldogs, scored with 9:22 left in regulation to snap a 2-2 tie and lift RIT (9-18-5 overall, 8-14-3 league) to a 3-2 win over rival Air Force Academy (19-11-4, 14-8-3 AHA) in front of 2,311 fans on the cadets home ice.
Mitchell crashed the net and took a perfect feed from Mike Colavecchia (Maple, Ontario/Lindsay Muskies), tipping a shot from the crease past Jason Torf for his sixth goal of the season.
More like this story
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget
- WVCO seeks comments on new wildland fire program
- Free Thanksgiving meals offered
- Middle school students collect food for those in need
- Stampede inducts Dunckel, crowns Marchand as queen
- Navy apologizes for phallic skywriting