Thursday, February 27, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Josh Mitchell of Osoyoos, B.C., scored the winning goal for the Rochester Institute of Technology’s men’s hockey team Saturday.
Mitchell, by way of the Alberni Valley Bulldogs, scored with 9:22 left in regulation to snap a 2-2 tie and lift RIT (9-18-5 overall, 8-14-3 league) to a 3-2 win over rival Air Force Academy (19-11-4, 14-8-3 AHA) in front of 2,311 fans on the cadets home ice.
Mitchell crashed the net and took a perfect feed from Mike Colavecchia (Maple, Ontario/Lindsay Muskies), tipping a shot from the crease past Jason Torf for his sixth goal of the season.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo