Thursday, February 27, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Josh Mitchell of Osoyoos, B.C., scored the winning goal for the Rochester Institute of Technology’s men’s hockey team Saturday.
Mitchell, by way of the Alberni Valley Bulldogs, scored with 9:22 left in regulation to snap a 2-2 tie and lift RIT (9-18-5 overall, 8-14-3 league) to a 3-2 win over rival Air Force Academy (19-11-4, 14-8-3 AHA) in front of 2,311 fans on the cadets home ice.
Mitchell crashed the net and took a perfect feed from Mike Colavecchia (Maple, Ontario/Lindsay Muskies), tipping a shot from the crease past Jason Torf for his sixth goal of the season.
More like this story
- Former Tonasket coach found not guilty
- Helispot will be set up for Diamond Creek Fire
- Brewster preps for championship with win over Okanogan
- Landowners file suit over Carlton Complex fire
- Pasayten fire confinement boundaries scoped
- 'Mad Dog’ Mattis visits tavern in Prosser
- Fire danger rating rises in northeast Washington
- State changes Chinook salmon rule
- Diamond fire grows to 350 acres
- Grand opening planned for Tonasket swimming pool