Thursday, February 27, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Josh Mitchell of Osoyoos, B.C., scored the winning goal for the Rochester Institute of Technology’s men’s hockey team Saturday.
Mitchell, by way of the Alberni Valley Bulldogs, scored with 9:22 left in regulation to snap a 2-2 tie and lift RIT (9-18-5 overall, 8-14-3 league) to a 3-2 win over rival Air Force Academy (19-11-4, 14-8-3 AHA) in front of 2,311 fans on the cadets home ice.
Mitchell crashed the net and took a perfect feed from Mike Colavecchia (Maple, Ontario/Lindsay Muskies), tipping a shot from the crease past Jason Torf for his sixth goal of the season.
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas todayWashington first lady Trudi Inslee is in Pateros today touring fire areas. She toured the Alta Lake spike camp to ...
- Public meeting about fires is today in NespelemA public meeting about the North Star and Tunk Block fires will be at 5 p.m. today at Nespelem School, ...
More like this story
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge