Thursday, February 27, 2014
BONAPARTE LAKE An earlier story about fundraising efforts to help a local couple whose home was destroyed by fire incorrectly identified the bank where an account has been set up to help them.
The account is a U.S. Bank, 409 Whitcomb Ave.
Halla Fuhrman and Joe Dunkin lost their apartment, belongings and lab mix dog, Ruger, in the blaze that destroyed three buildings at Bonaparte Lake Resort northwest of Wauconda last Friday. Her parents, Heather and Eric Cruz, and grandparents, Dave and Sandy Anderson, own the resort.
The fire was reported at 10:33 a.m., and apparently started in a wood stove, Heather Cruz said.
Cruz said her daughter and son-in-law were left with just the clothes they were wearing, so any help is appreciated. They’re looking for a place to rent.
In addition to the bank account, a page created on gofundme.com to help Fuhrman and Dunkin.
More like this story
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors