Originally published February 26, 2014 at 12:00a.m., updated March 5, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
(2014-126 Feb. 26 & March 5)
OCNWCB, 509-422-7165, email@example.com is amending coverage under the NPDES Waste Discharge General Permit for aquatic plant and algae management. The proposed coverage applies to Osoyoos Lake. The lake may be treated to control aquatic plants and algae. The chemicals planned for use are: 2, 4-D, Diquat dibromide, Endothall, Fluridone, Glyphosate, Imazapyr, or Triclopyr. Any person desiring to present their views to the Dept of Ecology regarding this application must do so in writing within 30 days of the last date of publication of this notice. Comments must be submitted to the Dept of Ecology. Any person interested in the Departments action on the application may notify the Department of their interest within 30 days of the last date of publication of this notice. Submit comments to:
Department of Ecology
Olympia, WA 98504-7600
Attn: Water Quality Program, Aquatic Pesticide Permit Manager
Telephone: 360-407-6283 The chemicals planned for use have irrigation water restrictions for up to 3 days. Persons with legal water rights should contact the applicator if this coverage will result in a restriction of these rights. Permittees are required to provide an alternative water supply during treatment. Copies of the application are available by contacting the Aquatic Pesticide Permit Manager.
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge