Tuesday, February 25, 2014
WENATCHEE Win or lose, the region will be represented at the state 1B girls basketball tournament.
What needs to be determined is if the team will be Republic or Pateros.
The Tigers and Nannies meet at 6 p.m. Saturday at Wenatchee High School, 1101 Millerdale Ave.
“From what I can tell, I think we are pretty evenly matched, kind of mirror images of each other,” Pateros coach Sheri Mortimer said. “Neither team has a dominating post player, we both shoot a lot 3's and both teams are scrappy. “
No. 3 state-ranked Pateros (18-1) enters the fray as a No. 1 seed while Republic (19-3) is a No. 2 seed after losing to state No. 2 ranked Wilbur-Creston (23-0), 53-50, in Saturday’s district championship game.
“It is going to be a close one,” Mortimer said. “I think the advantage we have is experience, Republic is pretty young, and bench depth. It will be bad that a good team is going to be left home when the dust settles.”
The winner advances to state the following week in Spokane. The loser is out.
Against the Wildcats, Republic fell behind 24-14 at the half before outscoring Wilbur-Creston 36-29 in the second half.
Shania Graham scored 18 points and Sierra McQuay had 16 points for Republic.
Republic (50) - McRae 2, Weltz 4, Koepke 0, Vaughn 2, Reeves, Beckwith 0, Graham 18, McQuay 16, Bowe 6, Lane 2.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge