Tuesday, February 25, 2014
RIVERSIDE Icy road conditions are being cited for several crashes that occurred Monday night along U.S. Highway 97 between Wenatchee and Tonasket.
Those conditions were the primary cause in a logging truck crash on the highway just north of town, at the intersection of Dixon Hill Road.
Local resident Duane Betcher, 52, was not injured when his trailer slid onto the southbound shoulder of the icy highway and overturned, flipping the truck on its side.
Logs spilled down an embankment and traffic was slowed while crews cleaned up the scene.
The highway remained open, with troopers directing traffic through the area.
According to the National Weather Service, the weather should be clear through next Monday.
Daytime highs are expected in the mid-30s to low-40s, with overnight lows dipping into the teens in the Okanogan Valley.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING