Tuesday, February 25, 2014
RIVERSIDE Icy road conditions are being cited for several crashes that occurred Monday night along U.S. Highway 97 between Wenatchee and Tonasket.
Those conditions were the primary cause in a logging truck crash on the highway just north of town, at the intersection of Dixon Hill Road.
Local resident Duane Betcher, 52, was not injured when his trailer slid onto the southbound shoulder of the icy highway and overturned, flipping the truck on its side.
Logs spilled down an embankment and traffic was slowed while crews cleaned up the scene.
The highway remained open, with troopers directing traffic through the area.
According to the National Weather Service, the weather should be clear through next Monday.
Daytime highs are expected in the mid-30s to low-40s, with overnight lows dipping into the teens in the Okanogan Valley.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY