Tuesday, February 25, 2014
RIVERSIDE Icy road conditions are being cited for several crashes that occurred Monday night along U.S. Highway 97 between Wenatchee and Tonasket.
Those conditions were the primary cause in a logging truck crash on the highway just north of town, at the intersection of Dixon Hill Road.
Local resident Duane Betcher, 52, was not injured when his trailer slid onto the southbound shoulder of the icy highway and overturned, flipping the truck on its side.
Logs spilled down an embankment and traffic was slowed while crews cleaned up the scene.
The highway remained open, with troopers directing traffic through the area.
According to the National Weather Service, the weather should be clear through next Monday.
Daytime highs are expected in the mid-30s to low-40s, with overnight lows dipping into the teens in the Okanogan Valley.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge