Tuesday, February 25, 2014
RIVERSIDE Icy road conditions are being cited for several crashes that occurred Monday night along U.S. Highway 97 between Wenatchee and Tonasket.
Those conditions were the primary cause in a logging truck crash on the highway just north of town, at the intersection of Dixon Hill Road.
Local resident Duane Betcher, 52, was not injured when his trailer slid onto the southbound shoulder of the icy highway and overturned, flipping the truck on its side.
Logs spilled down an embankment and traffic was slowed while crews cleaned up the scene.
The highway remained open, with troopers directing traffic through the area.
According to the National Weather Service, the weather should be clear through next Monday.
Daytime highs are expected in the mid-30s to low-40s, with overnight lows dipping into the teens in the Okanogan Valley.
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District