Tuesday, February 25, 2014
WENATCHEE Lake Roosevelt took a 55-52 overtime win over Liberty Bell in a bi-district boys basketball consolation game and earned the No. 2 seed to regionals.
The Raiders take on Lind/Ritzville/Sprague at 4 p.m. Saturday at Cheney High School, 460 N. Sixth St.
The No. 4 state-ranked Broncos (21-7) earned a No. 1 seed to regionals with a 79-71 win over Liberty (21-7) on Saturday. The Lancers also advanced to a regional game, taking on Kittitas (16-5).
The Raiders will need to slow down the high-powered L/R/S offense, which scored 50 points in the second half. Top gunners were Dylan Hartz with 24 points (9 assists, 6 steals, 5 rebounds) and Connor O’Neill with 23 points.
“We got great effort on both ends of the floor,” Lake Roosevelt coach Matt Simpson said. “We came into the game deciding we wouldn’t be beaten three times by the same team. We prepared really well and had great practices to know our personnel and matchups. The guys earned the win against a very good team.”
Lake Roosevelt led 27-21 at the half and appeared to have the game in hand with a 40-28 third-quarter lead.
But the Mountain Lions, winners of the Central Washington 2B League, charged back to tie the game with a 19-7 fourth quarter run.
“Our kids pulled away during the first overtime period by making free throws and playing tough defense,” Lake Roosevelt athletic director Rich Black said.
Liberty Bell (52) – Dominguez 14, Watson 4, Jaymis Hanson 13, Szafas 2, Sonnichsen 6m, Daily 6, Lara 2.
Rebounds (31): Daily 10, Dominguez 9, Hanson 5, Szafas 3, Lara 2. Assists (7): Hanson 4, Dominguez 2, Lara 1. Steals (15): Daily 5, Dominguez 4, Hanson 2, Szafas 2.
Lake Roosevelt (55) – Garvin 14, Rosenbaum 11, palmer 4, Picard 5, Redstar 6, Louie 15.
Rebounds: Garvin 16, Palmer 6, Rosenbaum 5, Louie 4. Steals: Garvin 6.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options