Originally published February 25, 2014 at 04:22p.m., updated February 28, 2014 at 10:19a.m.
BONAPARTE LAKE Fundraising efforts are under way to help a local couple whose home was destroyed in a fire Friday afternoon.
Halla Fuhrman and Joe Dunkin lost their apartment, belongings and lab mix dog, Ruger, in the blaze that destroyed three buildings at Bonaparte Lake Resort northwest of Wauconda. Her parents, Heather and Eric Cruz, and grandparents, Dave and Sandy Anderson, own the resort.
The fire was reported at 10:33 a.m., and apparently started in a wood stove, Heather Cruz said.
The blaze leveled a shop, garage and out-building at the resort, 615 Bonaparte Lake Road, including one where Fuhrman and Dunkin’s apartment was. The main resort building/restaurant was not damaged.
Neighbors fought the blaze with a garden hose. The resort is not in a fire district.
Cruz said her daughter and son-in-law were left with just the clothes they were wearing, so any help is appreciated. They’re looking for a place to rent.
A fund has been opened at the Tonasket branch of U.S. Bank, 409 Whitcomb Ave., and a page created on gofundme.com to help Fuhrman and Dunkin.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the website had garnered $3,250 in donations.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE