Originally published February 25, 2014 at 01:10p.m., updated February 24, 2014 at 12:00p.m.
OLYMPIA The 2014 Apple Blossom court, chosen just a couple weeks ago, visited the state Capitol yesterday to be recognized by state lawmakers and promote the Apple Blossom Festival in Wenatchee.
Apple Blossom Queen Roslyn Thompson, Princess Caroline Dahl and Princess Nikara Morgan traveled to Olympia and visited with 12th District Reps. Cary Condotta and Brad Hawkins.
“The Apple Blossom Royal Court coming to Olympia has been a long-standing tradition,” said Condotta, R-East Wenatchee. “It is a great experience for the royal court, and is a reminder to all legislators how important our fruit industry is to Washington state.”
“These young women not only represent a bright future for our state, but they are great role models and representatives of Central Washington,” said Hawkins, R-East Wenatchee. “I was pleased to meet the court and I know their time here in Olympia promoting the festival was productive.”
Both lawmakers' districts also include a portion of Okanogan County.
The girls also visited Assistant Secretary of State Ken Raske and Supreme Court Chief Justice Barbara Madsen, and had the chance to speak before the Senate, be honored in the House and take a tour of the Capitol building.
They were chaperoned by Pat and Adele Haley and Lori Reed.
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District