Originally published February 25, 2014 at 01:10p.m., updated February 24, 2014 at 12:00p.m.
OLYMPIA The 2014 Apple Blossom court, chosen just a couple weeks ago, visited the state Capitol yesterday to be recognized by state lawmakers and promote the Apple Blossom Festival in Wenatchee.
Apple Blossom Queen Roslyn Thompson, Princess Caroline Dahl and Princess Nikara Morgan traveled to Olympia and visited with 12th District Reps. Cary Condotta and Brad Hawkins.
“The Apple Blossom Royal Court coming to Olympia has been a long-standing tradition,” said Condotta, R-East Wenatchee. “It is a great experience for the royal court, and is a reminder to all legislators how important our fruit industry is to Washington state.”
“These young women not only represent a bright future for our state, but they are great role models and representatives of Central Washington,” said Hawkins, R-East Wenatchee. “I was pleased to meet the court and I know their time here in Olympia promoting the festival was productive.”
Both lawmakers' districts also include a portion of Okanogan County.
The girls also visited Assistant Secretary of State Ken Raske and Supreme Court Chief Justice Barbara Madsen, and had the chance to speak before the Senate, be honored in the House and take a tour of the Capitol building.
They were chaperoned by Pat and Adele Haley and Lori Reed.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge