Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA Several area wrestlers remain in the hunt for a wrestling state title this morning in 1A wrestling competition.
At 106 pounds, Anthony Payton of Okanogan is in the semi-finals this morning. He'll face David Peterson of Highland.
Tonasket's Jorge Juarez is also in the hunt at 132 pounds. He'll be wrestling Ramses Rodel of Warden.
Alex Aguilar leads Omak wrestlers. He's in the semi-final 152-pound bout this morning against Austin Cristelli of Elma.
And 195-pounder John Rawley of Tonasket rounds out the 1A Okanogan County wrestlers looking for a title. He'll face Preston Morris of Vashon.
Other 1A wrestlers from the county alive in the consolation bracket include Colin Atcheson of Tonasket at 120, Raf Varelas of Brewster at 138 and Caleb Riggle of Omak at 160.
Tonasket leads local teams with 24 points, 16th overall. Omak has 12 points, Okanogan 9 and Brewster has 4.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge