Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA Several area wrestlers remain in the hunt for a wrestling state title this morning in 1A wrestling competition.
At 106 pounds, Anthony Payton of Okanogan is in the semi-finals this morning. He'll face David Peterson of Highland.
Tonasket's Jorge Juarez is also in the hunt at 132 pounds. He'll be wrestling Ramses Rodel of Warden.
Alex Aguilar leads Omak wrestlers. He's in the semi-final 152-pound bout this morning against Austin Cristelli of Elma.
And 195-pounder John Rawley of Tonasket rounds out the 1A Okanogan County wrestlers looking for a title. He'll face Preston Morris of Vashon.
Other 1A wrestlers from the county alive in the consolation bracket include Colin Atcheson of Tonasket at 120, Raf Varelas of Brewster at 138 and Caleb Riggle of Omak at 160.
Tonasket leads local teams with 24 points, 16th overall. Omak has 12 points, Okanogan 9 and Brewster has 4.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo