Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA Several area wrestlers remain in the hunt for a wrestling state title this morning in 1A wrestling competition.
At 106 pounds, Anthony Payton of Okanogan is in the semi-finals this morning. He'll face David Peterson of Highland.
Tonasket's Jorge Juarez is also in the hunt at 132 pounds. He'll be wrestling Ramses Rodel of Warden.
Alex Aguilar leads Omak wrestlers. He's in the semi-final 152-pound bout this morning against Austin Cristelli of Elma.
And 195-pounder John Rawley of Tonasket rounds out the 1A Okanogan County wrestlers looking for a title. He'll face Preston Morris of Vashon.
Other 1A wrestlers from the county alive in the consolation bracket include Colin Atcheson of Tonasket at 120, Raf Varelas of Brewster at 138 and Caleb Riggle of Omak at 160.
Tonasket leads local teams with 24 points, 16th overall. Omak has 12 points, Okanogan 9 and Brewster has 4.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge