Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA Several area wrestlers remain in the hunt for a wrestling state title this morning in 1A wrestling competition.
At 106 pounds, Anthony Payton of Okanogan is in the semi-finals this morning. He'll face David Peterson of Highland.
Tonasket's Jorge Juarez is also in the hunt at 132 pounds. He'll be wrestling Ramses Rodel of Warden.
Alex Aguilar leads Omak wrestlers. He's in the semi-final 152-pound bout this morning against Austin Cristelli of Elma.
And 195-pounder John Rawley of Tonasket rounds out the 1A Okanogan County wrestlers looking for a title. He'll face Preston Morris of Vashon.
Other 1A wrestlers from the county alive in the consolation bracket include Colin Atcheson of Tonasket at 120, Raf Varelas of Brewster at 138 and Caleb Riggle of Omak at 160.
Tonasket leads local teams with 24 points, 16th overall. Omak has 12 points, Okanogan 9 and Brewster has 4.
More like this story
- Wenatchee bass teams finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third
- Lewis inducted into Wenatchee's Senior Softball Hall of Fame
- Killer Whales top Bearcudas at swim meet
- Whales swamp Bullfrogs at swim meet