Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA Several area wrestlers remain in the hunt for a wrestling state title this morning in 1A wrestling competition.
At 106 pounds, Anthony Payton of Okanogan is in the semi-finals this morning. He'll face David Peterson of Highland.
Tonasket's Jorge Juarez is also in the hunt at 132 pounds. He'll be wrestling Ramses Rodel of Warden.
Alex Aguilar leads Omak wrestlers. He's in the semi-final 152-pound bout this morning against Austin Cristelli of Elma.
And 195-pounder John Rawley of Tonasket rounds out the 1A Okanogan County wrestlers looking for a title. He'll face Preston Morris of Vashon.
Other 1A wrestlers from the county alive in the consolation bracket include Colin Atcheson of Tonasket at 120, Raf Varelas of Brewster at 138 and Caleb Riggle of Omak at 160.
Tonasket leads local teams with 24 points, 16th overall. Omak has 12 points, Okanogan 9 and Brewster has 4.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge