Saturday, February 22, 2014
BREWSTER An elderly Okanogan woman was killed this afternoon after her car overturned along U.S. Highway 97 about nine miles north of town.
Driver Joyce K. Baughman, 72, was pronounced dead at Three Rivers Hospital following the 4 p.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Her passenger, J.C. Baughman, 70, was transported to the hospital, the State Patrol reported. His condition was not immediately available.
According to a crash report, the Baughmans were northbound in their 1997 Dodge Caravan when the vehicle veered onto the shoulder.
Mrs. Baughman overcorrected and the vehicle crossed over the highway and overturned, coming to rest on its roof in the southbound ditch near Milepost 270, the report said.
Mr. Baughman was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said. And neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to have been factors in the crash.
The State Patrol cited the cause as the driver falling asleep at the wheel.
More like this story
- 820 (2017-201 Aug. 9, 16, 23) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-206 Aug. 16, 23, 30, Sept. 6) UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF
- 820 (2017-210 Aug. 23, 30, Sept. 6) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 820 (2017-211 Aug. 23, 30, Sept. 6) We the undersigned Board of Directors of the Okanogan Irrigation
- 820 (2017-212 Aug. 23, 30, Sept. 6) In the Superior Court of the State of Washington In an for the
- 820 (2017-213 Aug. 23) Request for Proposals
- Fishing, hunting meeting planned in Pateros
- Students head back to classes
- Vejraskas elected as Angus convention delegates
- Wolf hunt OK'd by Colville tribe for North Half