Saturday, February 22, 2014
BREWSTER An elderly Okanogan woman was killed this afternoon after her car overturned along U.S. Highway 97 about nine miles north of town.
Driver Joyce K. Baughman, 72, was pronounced dead at Three Rivers Hospital following the 4 p.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Her passenger, J.C. Baughman, 70, was transported to the hospital, the State Patrol reported. His condition was not immediately available.
According to a crash report, the Baughmans were northbound in their 1997 Dodge Caravan when the vehicle veered onto the shoulder.
Mrs. Baughman overcorrected and the vehicle crossed over the highway and overturned, coming to rest on its roof in the southbound ditch near Milepost 270, the report said.
Mr. Baughman was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said. And neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to have been factors in the crash.
The State Patrol cited the cause as the driver falling asleep at the wheel.
More like this story
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-339 Aug. 17, Sept. 7) TS #60390-00113-NJ-WA - APN #2370080002
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge