Saturday, February 22, 2014
BREWSTER An elderly Okanogan woman was killed this afternoon after her car overturned along U.S. Highway 97 about nine miles north of town.
Driver Joyce K. Baughman, 72, was pronounced dead at Three Rivers Hospital following the 4 p.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Her passenger, J.C. Baughman, 70, was transported to the hospital, the State Patrol reported. His condition was not immediately available.
According to a crash report, the Baughmans were northbound in their 1997 Dodge Caravan when the vehicle veered onto the shoulder.
Mrs. Baughman overcorrected and the vehicle crossed over the highway and overturned, coming to rest on its roof in the southbound ditch near Milepost 270, the report said.
Mr. Baughman was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said. And neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to have been factors in the crash.
The State Patrol cited the cause as the driver falling asleep at the wheel.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge