Saturday, February 22, 2014
BREWSTER An elderly Okanogan woman was killed this afternoon after her car overturned along U.S. Highway 97 about nine miles north of town.
Driver Joyce K. Baughman, 72, was pronounced dead at Three Rivers Hospital following the 4 p.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Her passenger, J.C. Baughman, 70, was transported to the hospital, the State Patrol reported. His condition was not immediately available.
According to a crash report, the Baughmans were northbound in their 1997 Dodge Caravan when the vehicle veered onto the shoulder.
Mrs. Baughman overcorrected and the vehicle crossed over the highway and overturned, coming to rest on its roof in the southbound ditch near Milepost 270, the report said.
Mr. Baughman was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said. And neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to have been factors in the crash.
The State Patrol cited the cause as the driver falling asleep at the wheel.
More like this story
- Golf tournament planned near Pateros
- Okanogan County imposes burn ban
- Commissioners host ATV meeting tonight
- Grant County imposes burning restrictions
- Body found in Okanogan River near Malott
- Fish and wildlife could shut down if there's no state budget deal
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE