Saturday, February 22, 2014
BREWSTER An elderly Okanogan woman was killed this afternoon after her car overturned along U.S. Highway 97 about nine miles north of town.
Driver Joyce K. Baughman, 72, was pronounced dead at Three Rivers Hospital following the 4 p.m. crash, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Her passenger, J.C. Baughman, 70, was transported to the hospital, the State Patrol reported. His condition was not immediately available.
According to a crash report, the Baughmans were northbound in their 1997 Dodge Caravan when the vehicle veered onto the shoulder.
Mrs. Baughman overcorrected and the vehicle crossed over the highway and overturned, coming to rest on its roof in the southbound ditch near Milepost 270, the report said.
Mr. Baughman was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said. And neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to have been factors in the crash.
The State Patrol cited the cause as the driver falling asleep at the wheel.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge