Originally published February 22, 2014 at 02:55p.m., updated February 22, 2014 at 04:31p.m.
SPOKANE The Okanogan girls wrapped up their 1A bi-district play this afternoon with a 63-51 dunking of Freeman.
Okanogan brings home third place; Freeman takes fourth.
At halftime, Okanogan led Freeman, 32-21.
Both advance to the regional 1A tournament next week.
Today's victory follows last night's, 66-49, dunking of Lakeside. The victory gave Okanogan a state berth, and sent Lakeside home.
In more girls 1A basketball action coming up at 6 p.m., the top-ranked Cashmere Bulldog girls face the No. 2-ranked Brewster Bears.
The Bears will be playing without their No. 2 scorer, Monica Landdeck. Landdeck broke her leg last week in a vehicle crash.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge