Originally published February 22, 2014 at 02:55p.m., updated February 22, 2014 at 04:31p.m.
SPOKANE The Okanogan girls wrapped up their 1A bi-district play this afternoon with a 63-51 dunking of Freeman.
Okanogan brings home third place; Freeman takes fourth.
At halftime, Okanogan led Freeman, 32-21.
Both advance to the regional 1A tournament next week.
Today's victory follows last night's, 66-49, dunking of Lakeside. The victory gave Okanogan a state berth, and sent Lakeside home.
In more girls 1A basketball action coming up at 6 p.m., the top-ranked Cashmere Bulldog girls face the No. 2-ranked Brewster Bears.
The Bears will be playing without their No. 2 scorer, Monica Landdeck. Landdeck broke her leg last week in a vehicle crash.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge