Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA With 76 points racked up the first day of wrestling in the state 1B/2B tournament, Liberty Bell High School leads the field.
Kittitas is a distance second in team scoring with 46.5 points and Lake Roosevelt third at 42.
Wrestling is just resuming in the 1B/2B ranks.
Several area grapplers have made it into title matches.
At 120 pounds, Trent Skelton of Liberty Bell faces James Monaghan of Lake Roosevelt later today for the title.
The Mountain Lions' Meritt Fink is also in the finals. He'll face Alex Johnson of Wahkiakum at 138 pounds.
At 145, Kodie Horn of Lake Roosevelt will go for gold against Mason Mackey of Wahkiakum.
In the championship bout at 152 pounds, Emmett Fink of Liberty Bell will face Kevin Knauff of Garfield Palouse.
Liberty Bell's Milo Holston will wrestle for the 160-pound title against Brian Hart of Ocosta.
From Ferry County, Republic High School's Blake Phillips has made the finals at 170 pounds. He'll wrestle R.C. Carstensen of Almira/Coulee-Hartline.
Phillips' teammate Lucas Rittel has also made the finals. At 182 pounds, he'll be wrestling Nick Anderson of Wilbur-Creston.
More like this story
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge