Saturday, February 22, 2014
TACOMA With 76 points racked up the first day of wrestling in the state 1B/2B tournament, Liberty Bell High School leads the field.
Kittitas is a distance second in team scoring with 46.5 points and Lake Roosevelt third at 42.
Wrestling is just resuming in the 1B/2B ranks.
Several area grapplers have made it into title matches.
At 120 pounds, Trent Skelton of Liberty Bell faces James Monaghan of Lake Roosevelt later today for the title.
The Mountain Lions' Meritt Fink is also in the finals. He'll face Alex Johnson of Wahkiakum at 138 pounds.
At 145, Kodie Horn of Lake Roosevelt will go for gold against Mason Mackey of Wahkiakum.
In the championship bout at 152 pounds, Emmett Fink of Liberty Bell will face Kevin Knauff of Garfield Palouse.
Liberty Bell's Milo Holston will wrestle for the 160-pound title against Brian Hart of Ocosta.
From Ferry County, Republic High School's Blake Phillips has made the finals at 170 pounds. He'll wrestle R.C. Carstensen of Almira/Coulee-Hartline.
Phillips' teammate Lucas Rittel has also made the finals. At 182 pounds, he'll be wrestling Nick Anderson of Wilbur-Creston.
More like this story
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors