Friday, February 21, 2014
MALOTT Authorities have identified the victim of a fatal shooting yesterday as Antonio Naranjo-Menchaca, 38 of California.
Menchaca was the ex-brother-in-law of accused shooter Jesus Vela-Duarte, 31 of Brewster, who turned himself in following the shooting.
Menchaca has lived on and off in Okanogan County for several years. He had been recently living in California and returned here Wednesday.
According to Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers, the family was afraid of Menchaca.
"Aparently, Duarte had already contacted Menchaca when he returned and told him to stay away from his family," Rogers said.
When Duarte saw the victime drive by his house just prior to the shooting, he followed them to the Chiliwist Road area, where he confronted him, Rogers said.
"Detectives are still conducting interviews today to determining what led up to the shooting," Rogers said, noting an autopsy for Menchaca is scheduled for Monday.
More like this story
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge