Friday, February 21, 2014
OTHELLO The 17th Annual Sandhill Crane Festival will take place March 28-30,and include more than 30 lectures on everything from birding to wolves.
Sandhill crane, burrowing owl, ground squirrel, Palouse Falls and several other tours will be offered.
A banquet Saturday will feature a silent auction and keynote speaker, Noah Strycker, author of "The Thing with Feathers" and "Among Penguins."
Strycker will present “Bird World: Insights for Humans from the Amazing Lives of Birds.”
Featured guest speakers also include authors of "Must-See Birds of the Pacific
Northwest" Max Smith and Sarah Swanson.
For more on the festival, click here.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge