Friday, February 21, 2014
OTHELLO The 17th Annual Sandhill Crane Festival will take place March 28-30,and include more than 30 lectures on everything from birding to wolves.
Sandhill crane, burrowing owl, ground squirrel, Palouse Falls and several other tours will be offered.
A banquet Saturday will feature a silent auction and keynote speaker, Noah Strycker, author of "The Thing with Feathers" and "Among Penguins."
Strycker will present “Bird World: Insights for Humans from the Amazing Lives of Birds.”
Featured guest speakers also include authors of "Must-See Birds of the Pacific
Northwest" Max Smith and Sarah Swanson.
For more on the festival, click here.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge