Friday, February 21, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An Okanogan man was taken to Three Rivers Hospital early this morning after falling asleep and the wheel and crashing his car.
Robert C. DeCosta, 28, was cited for second-degree negligent driving in the crash near Milepost 125 of state Highway 17.
His medical condition was not immediately available.
A Washington State Patrol report on the crash said that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors.
According to the report, DeCosta was southbound on the highway when he fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road at about 4:15 a.m. 11 miles south of town. The car flipped and came to rest on its wheels in a ditch.
DeCosta's car, a 1994 Chevrolet Corsica, was removed from the crash scene by Shull's Towing, the report said.
DeCosta was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said.
More like this story
- Communities scare up tricks, treats
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge