Friday, February 21, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An Okanogan man was taken to Three Rivers Hospital early this morning after falling asleep and the wheel and crashing his car.
Robert C. DeCosta, 28, was cited for second-degree negligent driving in the crash near Milepost 125 of state Highway 17.
His medical condition was not immediately available.
A Washington State Patrol report on the crash said that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors.
According to the report, DeCosta was southbound on the highway when he fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road at about 4:15 a.m. 11 miles south of town. The car flipped and came to rest on its wheels in a ditch.
DeCosta's car, a 1994 Chevrolet Corsica, was removed from the crash scene by Shull's Towing, the report said.
DeCosta was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING