Friday, February 21, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An Okanogan man was taken to Three Rivers Hospital early this morning after falling asleep and the wheel and crashing his car.
Robert C. DeCosta, 28, was cited for second-degree negligent driving in the crash near Milepost 125 of state Highway 17.
His medical condition was not immediately available.
A Washington State Patrol report on the crash said that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors.
According to the report, DeCosta was southbound on the highway when he fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road at about 4:15 a.m. 11 miles south of town. The car flipped and came to rest on its wheels in a ditch.
DeCosta's car, a 1994 Chevrolet Corsica, was removed from the crash scene by Shull's Towing, the report said.
DeCosta was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge