Friday, February 21, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An Okanogan man was taken to Three Rivers Hospital early this morning after falling asleep and the wheel and crashing his car.
Robert C. DeCosta, 28, was cited for second-degree negligent driving in the crash near Milepost 125 of state Highway 17.
His medical condition was not immediately available.
A Washington State Patrol report on the crash said that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors.
According to the report, DeCosta was southbound on the highway when he fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road at about 4:15 a.m. 11 miles south of town. The car flipped and came to rest on its wheels in a ditch.
DeCosta's car, a 1994 Chevrolet Corsica, was removed from the crash scene by Shull's Towing, the report said.
DeCosta was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
- 800 (2016-301 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-302 June 29) Notice of Public Hearing Code Amendment 2015-1 Revised Zone Code OCC 17A
- 800 (2016-303 June 29) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-304 June 29) Public Hearing Notice
- 800 (2016-306 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-285 June 22, 29) City of Oroville
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge