Friday, February 21, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An Okanogan man was taken to Three Rivers Hospital early this morning after falling asleep and the wheel and crashing his car.
Robert C. DeCosta, 28, was cited for second-degree negligent driving in the crash near Milepost 125 of state Highway 17.
His medical condition was not immediately available.
A Washington State Patrol report on the crash said that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors.
According to the report, DeCosta was southbound on the highway when he fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road at about 4:15 a.m. 11 miles south of town. The car flipped and came to rest on its wheels in a ditch.
DeCosta's car, a 1994 Chevrolet Corsica, was removed from the crash scene by Shull's Towing, the report said.
DeCosta was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, the report said.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires