Wednesday, February 19, 2014
OROVILLE A British Columbia resident escaped injury last week when the tractor-trailer he was driving hit a cow on U.S. Highway 97 just south of town.
Leon L. Williams, 63, was southbound at 11:45 p.m. Feb. 11 when his truck hit the cow at milepost 330. The vehicle jackknifed, blocking the road, the Washington State Patrol said.
Williams was not injured. He was wearing a seatbelt.
The vehicle was towed by Randy’s Towing of Okanogan
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires