Wednesday, February 19, 2014
OROVILLE A British Columbia resident escaped injury last week when the tractor-trailer he was driving hit a cow on U.S. Highway 97 just south of town.
Leon L. Williams, 63, was southbound at 11:45 p.m. Feb. 11 when his truck hit the cow at milepost 330. The vehicle jackknifed, blocking the road, the Washington State Patrol said.
Williams was not injured. He was wearing a seatbelt.
The vehicle was towed by Randy’s Towing of Okanogan
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington