Wednesday, February 19, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Mazama resident Erik Bjornsen anchored Team U.S.A. as it skied into sixth place today during the men’s team sprint classic of the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games.
Simi Hamilton of Aspen, Colo., skied with him.
The women’s team finished eighth in the sprint classic.
Team Finland took the gold for the men, while Norway won the Olympic title for the women.
The final cross country skiing events of the 2014 Sochi Games will be the women’s 30K freestyle race Saturday and the men’s 50k freestyle race Sunday.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge