Wednesday, February 19, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Mazama resident Erik Bjornsen anchored Team U.S.A. as it skied into sixth place today during the men’s team sprint classic of the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games.
Simi Hamilton of Aspen, Colo., skied with him.
The women’s team finished eighth in the sprint classic.
Team Finland took the gold for the men, while Norway won the Olympic title for the women.
The final cross country skiing events of the 2014 Sochi Games will be the women’s 30K freestyle race Saturday and the men’s 50k freestyle race Sunday.
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations soughtAdditional donors are asked to step up and select tags from the Giving Tree, which benefits clients of the Support ...
- Additional donations sought for Christmas basketsAdditional donations of food and cash are sought to help Omak-Okanogan Christmas Basket Project organizers reach their goal of 200 ...
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan