Wednesday, February 19, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Mazama resident Erik Bjornsen anchored Team U.S.A. as it skied into sixth place today during the men’s team sprint classic of the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games.
Simi Hamilton of Aspen, Colo., skied with him.
The women’s team finished eighth in the sprint classic.
Team Finland took the gold for the men, while Norway won the Olympic title for the women.
The final cross country skiing events of the 2014 Sochi Games will be the women’s 30K freestyle race Saturday and the men’s 50k freestyle race Sunday.
More like this story
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge