Wednesday, February 19, 2014
UNIVERSITY PLACE The Omak bowling team finished third at the state high school tournament Feb. 14-16 at Narrows Plaza Bowl.
Omak, which entered the second day in fourth place, finished with 38 points, a point behind second-place Mountlake Terrace and a half point ahead of Wenatchee.
Oak Harbor won its fourth straight state crown that included a 907-point game, Dunckel said of division I play, where the teams with the highest averages competed.
Omak had the highest game at 922. No other teams broke 900.
Vanessa VanderWeide was high average girl at 192. Her score would have made her third highest boys bowler, the coach said.
Anthony Lewis was second highest boy with a 194 average.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge