Sunday, February 16, 2014
PATEROS A Bridgeport man was killed and U.S. Highway 97 closed following a head-on crash Saturday afternoon near Wells Dam.
Timmi J. Schweigert, 59, was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:30 p.m. The driver of the second vehicle, Carol J. Stevens, 60, of Manson, was not injured, a Washington State Patrol report said.
Trooper Darren Wright said confirmed the death and said more information would be released once an investigation into the crash is completed.
More coverage of the fatal crash will appear in the Wednesday edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge