Sunday, February 16, 2014
PATEROS A Bridgeport man was killed and U.S. Highway 97 closed following a head-on crash Saturday afternoon near Wells Dam.
Timmi J. Schweigert, 59, was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:30 p.m. The driver of the second vehicle, Carol J. Stevens, 60, of Manson, was not injured, a Washington State Patrol report said.
Trooper Darren Wright said confirmed the death and said more information would be released once an investigation into the crash is completed.
More coverage of the fatal crash will appear in the Wednesday edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18