Sunday, February 16, 2014
PATEROS A Bridgeport man was killed and U.S. Highway 97 closed following a head-on crash Saturday afternoon near Wells Dam.
Timmi J. Schweigert, 59, was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:30 p.m. The driver of the second vehicle, Carol J. Stevens, 60, of Manson, was not injured, a Washington State Patrol report said.
Trooper Darren Wright said confirmed the death and said more information would be released once an investigation into the crash is completed.
More coverage of the fatal crash will appear in the Wednesday edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge