Sunday, February 16, 2014
PATEROS A Bridgeport man was killed and U.S. Highway 97 closed following a head-on crash Saturday afternoon near Wells Dam.
Timmi J. Schweigert, 59, was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:30 p.m. The driver of the second vehicle, Carol J. Stevens, 60, of Manson, was not injured, a Washington State Patrol report said.
Trooper Darren Wright said confirmed the death and said more information would be released once an investigation into the crash is completed.
More coverage of the fatal crash will appear in the Wednesday edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge