Saturday, February 15, 2014
OKANOGAN Okanogan Middle School students treated their crushes to Crushes for Valentine’s Day in continuing a 10-year tradition.
For $1, students purchased a strawberry, grape or orange-flavored Crush as a secret-admirer gift for someone else.
“It’s just a fun activity,” Principal Brett Baum said, noting that it serves as a small Associated Student Body fundraiser. “We sold out in two days.”
The soda was delivered during class time. Many students were given more than one bottle, she said.
They were instructed to drink the sodas only during lunchtime, when they could also pay $1 to find out who their admirers were.
If the admirers wanted to remain anonymous, Baum said, they could pay an extra $1 for “insurance.”
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge