Saturday, February 15, 2014
OKANOGAN Okanogan Middle School students treated their crushes to Crushes for Valentine’s Day in continuing a 10-year tradition.
For $1, students purchased a strawberry, grape or orange-flavored Crush as a secret-admirer gift for someone else.
“It’s just a fun activity,” Principal Brett Baum said, noting that it serves as a small Associated Student Body fundraiser. “We sold out in two days.”
The soda was delivered during class time. Many students were given more than one bottle, she said.
They were instructed to drink the sodas only during lunchtime, when they could also pay $1 to find out who their admirers were.
If the admirers wanted to remain anonymous, Baum said, they could pay an extra $1 for “insurance.”
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge