Saturday, February 15, 2014
OKANOGAN Okanogan Middle School students treated their crushes to Crushes for Valentine’s Day in continuing a 10-year tradition.
For $1, students purchased a strawberry, grape or orange-flavored Crush as a secret-admirer gift for someone else.
“It’s just a fun activity,” Principal Brett Baum said, noting that it serves as a small Associated Student Body fundraiser. “We sold out in two days.”
The soda was delivered during class time. Many students were given more than one bottle, she said.
They were instructed to drink the sodas only during lunchtime, when they could also pay $1 to find out who their admirers were.
If the admirers wanted to remain anonymous, Baum said, they could pay an extra $1 for “insurance.”
More like this story
- North Valley Hospital begins administrator search
- 83 year-old woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing
- Ridge Riders to put on barrel clinic
- Proctor, Kolbaba to be at riding school
- Cle Elum softball slugs its way past Okanogan
- Liberty Bell baseball sweeps aside Pateros
- Tonasket, Okanogan soccer fight to a draw
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Martial arts winners
- Utt leads Omak golfers at Jack Barnes Invite
- Omak tennis serves up wins against Entiat