Saturday, February 15, 2014
OKANOGAN Okanogan Middle School students treated their crushes to Crushes for Valentine’s Day in continuing a 10-year tradition.
For $1, students purchased a strawberry, grape or orange-flavored Crush as a secret-admirer gift for someone else.
“It’s just a fun activity,” Principal Brett Baum said, noting that it serves as a small Associated Student Body fundraiser. “We sold out in two days.”
The soda was delivered during class time. Many students were given more than one bottle, she said.
They were instructed to drink the sodas only during lunchtime, when they could also pay $1 to find out who their admirers were.
If the admirers wanted to remain anonymous, Baum said, they could pay an extra $1 for “insurance.”
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge