Saturday, February 15, 2014
OKANOGAN Okanogan Middle School students treated their crushes to Crushes for Valentine’s Day in continuing a 10-year tradition.
For $1, students purchased a strawberry, grape or orange-flavored Crush as a secret-admirer gift for someone else.
“It’s just a fun activity,” Principal Brett Baum said, noting that it serves as a small Associated Student Body fundraiser. “We sold out in two days.”
The soda was delivered during class time. Many students were given more than one bottle, she said.
They were instructed to drink the sodas only during lunchtime, when they could also pay $1 to find out who their admirers were.
If the admirers wanted to remain anonymous, Baum said, they could pay an extra $1 for “insurance.”
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge