Saturday, February 15, 2014
OKANOGAN Okanogan Middle School students treated their crushes to Crushes for Valentine’s Day in continuing a 10-year tradition.
For $1, students purchased a strawberry, grape or orange-flavored Crush as a secret-admirer gift for someone else.
“It’s just a fun activity,” Principal Brett Baum said, noting that it serves as a small Associated Student Body fundraiser. “We sold out in two days.”
The soda was delivered during class time. Many students were given more than one bottle, she said.
They were instructed to drink the sodas only during lunchtime, when they could also pay $1 to find out who their admirers were.
If the admirers wanted to remain anonymous, Baum said, they could pay an extra $1 for “insurance.”
More like this story
- Wenatchee bass teams finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third
- Lewis inducted into Wenatchee's Senior Softball Hall of Fame
- Killer Whales top Bearcudas at swim meet
- Whales swamp Bullfrogs at swim meet