Thursday, February 13, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An underground water leak has damaged part of state Highway 173, prompting its closure until at least early next week.
Also known as Maple Street, the highway was closed at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
City officials plan to meet at 10 a.m. Friday morning with state Department of Transportation officials and Rains Contracting of Malott to review what work needs to be done, Public Works Superintendent Stuart Dezellem said.
“We had a water service line fail,” he said, noting that there’s a 14- or 15-inch depression in the roadway.
A detour is available around Conklin Hill and Columbia Avenue.
“We’ll get the road repaired as soon as possible,” Dezellem said.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge