Thursday, February 13, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An underground water leak has damaged part of state Highway 173, prompting its closure until at least early next week.
Also known as Maple Street, the highway was closed at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
City officials plan to meet at 10 a.m. Friday morning with state Department of Transportation officials and Rains Contracting of Malott to review what work needs to be done, Public Works Superintendent Stuart Dezellem said.
“We had a water service line fail,” he said, noting that there’s a 14- or 15-inch depression in the roadway.
A detour is available around Conklin Hill and Columbia Avenue.
“We’ll get the road repaired as soon as possible,” Dezellem said.
More like this story
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
- 800 (2016-238 May 25) Notice of Final SEPA Determination and Hearing Date CUP 2016-2 “N.O. Paws
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge