Thursday, February 13, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An underground water leak has damaged part of state Highway 173, prompting its closure until at least early next week.
Also known as Maple Street, the highway was closed at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
City officials plan to meet at 10 a.m. Friday morning with state Department of Transportation officials and Rains Contracting of Malott to review what work needs to be done, Public Works Superintendent Stuart Dezellem said.
“We had a water service line fail,” he said, noting that there’s a 14- or 15-inch depression in the roadway.
A detour is available around Conklin Hill and Columbia Avenue.
“We’ll get the road repaired as soon as possible,” Dezellem said.
More like this story
- East Wenatchee site added for discussion on managing salmon, steelhead guides
- Heavy snow closes North Cascades Highway
- Four seek vacant PUD commission post
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Sports collecting can be fun
- Okanogan soccer blanks Omak, 6-0, on senior night
- Omak edges Okanogan, 3-2, in volleyball
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot