Thursday, February 13, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An underground water leak has damaged part of state Highway 173, prompting its closure until at least early next week.
Also known as Maple Street, the highway was closed at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
City officials plan to meet at 10 a.m. Friday morning with state Department of Transportation officials and Rains Contracting of Malott to review what work needs to be done, Public Works Superintendent Stuart Dezellem said.
“We had a water service line fail,” he said, noting that there’s a 14- or 15-inch depression in the roadway.
A detour is available around Conklin Hill and Columbia Avenue.
“We’ll get the road repaired as soon as possible,” Dezellem said.
More like this story
- Travel safety urged
- Winter storm brings school delays
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge