Thursday, February 13, 2014
BRIDGEPORT An underground water leak has damaged part of state Highway 173, prompting its closure until at least early next week.
Also known as Maple Street, the highway was closed at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
City officials plan to meet at 10 a.m. Friday morning with state Department of Transportation officials and Rains Contracting of Malott to review what work needs to be done, Public Works Superintendent Stuart Dezellem said.
“We had a water service line fail,” he said, noting that there’s a 14- or 15-inch depression in the roadway.
A detour is available around Conklin Hill and Columbia Avenue.
“We’ll get the road repaired as soon as possible,” Dezellem said.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- Fire damages building supply
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL