Thursday, February 13, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Sadie Bjornsen of Mazama led the U.S. women’s cross-country ski team by finishing 18th in the Olympic 10K classic race this morning.
All four U.S. skiers finished in the Top 35.
Poland's Justyna Kowalczyk, skiing on a broken foot, captured the gold medal in 28 minutes, 17.8 seconds.
Bjornsen finished in 29:59.7 to lead the Americans.
Charlotte Kalla of Sweden earned silver (28:36.2) and Therese Johaug of Norway took bronze (28:46.1).
The other three Americans were separated by 8 seconds.
Vermont's Sophie Caldwell, who placed sixth in Tuesday's freestyle sprint, was 32nd (31:11.4), Vermont's Ida Sargent was 34th (31:15.1) and Anchorage's Holly Brooks was 35th (31:19.1).
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge