Thursday, February 13, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Sadie Bjornsen of Mazama led the U.S. women’s cross-country ski team by finishing 18th in the Olympic 10K classic race this morning.
All four U.S. skiers finished in the Top 35.
Poland's Justyna Kowalczyk, skiing on a broken foot, captured the gold medal in 28 minutes, 17.8 seconds.
Bjornsen finished in 29:59.7 to lead the Americans.
Charlotte Kalla of Sweden earned silver (28:36.2) and Therese Johaug of Norway took bronze (28:46.1).
The other three Americans were separated by 8 seconds.
Vermont's Sophie Caldwell, who placed sixth in Tuesday's freestyle sprint, was 32nd (31:11.4), Vermont's Ida Sargent was 34th (31:15.1) and Anchorage's Holly Brooks was 35th (31:19.1).
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge