Thursday, February 13, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Sadie Bjornsen of Mazama led the U.S. women’s cross-country ski team by finishing 18th in the Olympic 10K classic race this morning.
All four U.S. skiers finished in the Top 35.
Poland's Justyna Kowalczyk, skiing on a broken foot, captured the gold medal in 28 minutes, 17.8 seconds.
Bjornsen finished in 29:59.7 to lead the Americans.
Charlotte Kalla of Sweden earned silver (28:36.2) and Therese Johaug of Norway took bronze (28:46.1).
The other three Americans were separated by 8 seconds.
Vermont's Sophie Caldwell, who placed sixth in Tuesday's freestyle sprint, was 32nd (31:11.4), Vermont's Ida Sargent was 34th (31:15.1) and Anchorage's Holly Brooks was 35th (31:19.1).
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge