Thursday, February 13, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Sadie Bjornsen of Mazama led the U.S. women’s cross-country ski team by finishing 18th in the Olympic 10K classic race this morning.
All four U.S. skiers finished in the Top 35.
Poland's Justyna Kowalczyk, skiing on a broken foot, captured the gold medal in 28 minutes, 17.8 seconds.
Bjornsen finished in 29:59.7 to lead the Americans.
Charlotte Kalla of Sweden earned silver (28:36.2) and Therese Johaug of Norway took bronze (28:46.1).
The other three Americans were separated by 8 seconds.
Vermont's Sophie Caldwell, who placed sixth in Tuesday's freestyle sprint, was 32nd (31:11.4), Vermont's Ida Sargent was 34th (31:15.1) and Anchorage's Holly Brooks was 35th (31:19.1).
More like this story
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge