Thursday, February 13, 2014
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia – Sadie Bjornsen of Mazama led the U.S. women’s cross-country ski team by finishing 18th in the Olympic 10K classic race this morning.
All four U.S. skiers finished in the Top 35.
Poland's Justyna Kowalczyk, skiing on a broken foot, captured the gold medal in 28 minutes, 17.8 seconds.
Bjornsen finished in 29:59.7 to lead the Americans.
Charlotte Kalla of Sweden earned silver (28:36.2) and Therese Johaug of Norway took bronze (28:46.1).
The other three Americans were separated by 8 seconds.
Vermont's Sophie Caldwell, who placed sixth in Tuesday's freestyle sprint, was 32nd (31:11.4), Vermont's Ida Sargent was 34th (31:15.1) and Anchorage's Holly Brooks was 35th (31:19.1).
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge