Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- 810 (2016-353 Aug. 31) The Omak fire Department
- 820 (2016-354 Aug. 31) NOTICE OF APPLICATION AND ISSUANCE OF A DNS UNDER SEPA
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS BID No. 418-16
- 820 (2016-350 Aug. 31, Sept. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-351 Aug. 31, Sept. 7) REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
- 820 (2016-352 Aug. 31, Sept. 7) Request for Proposal (RFP) and Scope of Work (SOW) Environmental
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge