Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge