Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.