Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- Fire damages building supply
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL