Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge