Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- Fishing, hunting meeting planned in Pateros
- Students head back to classes
- Vejraskas elected as Angus convention delegates
- Wolf hunt OK'd by Colville tribe for North Half
- Processing operations removed from pot moratorium
- Final touches put on Loup Loup Pass repairs
- State plans improvements at Pearrygin Lake
- Okanogan levy passes; Omak tax measure goes down
- New construction added to Okanogan County tax rolls
- Wenatchee hospital picked to oversee health exchange assistance