Thursday, February 13, 2014
LOUP LOUP Ski season is open.
New snowfall this week has prompted Loup Loup Ski Bowl, Area 51 Nordic and Wild Wolf Tubing hill officials to open for business Saturday.
The ticket window opens at 8:30 a.m. at the ski hill, which starts its 56th ski season.
Daily lift operation will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through President’s week.
The ski shop, ski school, day lodge and food service are also opening.
“The primary trails on the mountain have been machine packed and two smaller storms have since dropped another 4 to 5 inches of snow,” hill manager Sandy Liman said. “Warm temperatures this morning (Wednesday) are hampering final grooming efforts, but it is anticipated that the mountain and all facilities will open Saturday.
"Cooler temperatures and more snow are expected today and on through President’s week, which should be the icing on the cake,” Liman said.
“Mother Nature has been very fickle this year so we will be updating our website early every morning with current conditions and any weather event that may affect our ability to operate,” Liman said.
For updated ski information, click here.
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Omak boys win summer hoop league
- Indian Taco Feed Fundraiser planned for Thursday, June 29
- Henrie takes first at Osoyoos, B.C. drag races
- Farmers Insurance 60s finish second
- Entries due Thursday for Nespelem Celebration Rodeo
- Chesaw to celebrate 75th rodeo on the Fourth
- Bids sought for student-built boat
- Tribe releases poll vote results
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside