Thursday, February 13, 2014
CURLEW Postseason girls high school basketball continues for the Inchelium, but ended for the Curlew girls today.
Inchelium, with only four girls eligible to play – a fifth is injured - forfeited its opening district game to Wilbur-Creston on Wednesday.
An initial decision was made Wednesday for Curlew to take Inchelium’s place and finish out the District 7 1B tournament so there would be no forfeits, Curlew Athletic Director Charlie Groth said.
But that decision was halted Thursday morning, with Inchelium girls keeping the No. 4 seed from the north.
The Hornets are scheduled to take on Wellpinit in a loser-out game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Deer Park High School, 800 S. Weber Road.
The tournament is taking place in two gyms (DP1 and DP2).
- Cusick vs. Selkirk, 2 p.m. DP2
- Republic vs. Curlew, 3:45 p.m. DP2
- Wellpinit vs. Valley Christian 2 p.m. DP1
- Odessa-Harrington vs. Wilbur-Creston, 3:45 p.m. DP1
- Odessa-Harrington vs. ACH, 6 p.m. DP2
- Inchelium vs. Wellpinit, 7:30 p.m. DP2
- Republic vs. Selkirk, 6 p.m. DP1
- Wilbur-Creston vs. Cusick 7:30 p.m. DP1
- Wednesday night scores:
- Wellpinit 77, Cusick 65
- Republic 66, Odessa-Harrington 45
- Selkirk 50, Almira/Coulee-Hartline 48
- Wilbur-Creston 2, Inchelium 0 by forfeit
- Cusick 51, Wellpinit 34
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge