Originally published February 12, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated February 13, 2014 at 11:40a.m.
OMAK The final pairings for the bi-district boys and girls high school basketball tournaments, which start Friday, were determined following play-in games last night.
In 1A boys play, Cashmere eliminated Omak, 62-43, and Chelan knocked out Cascade, 53-49.
In 1A girls games, Okanogan overcame a slow start to send Omak home, 46-18, and Cascade beat Chelan, 47-36.
Tonight’s play-in 1B games include Odessa-Harrington girls at Republic and Inchelium girls at Wilbur-Creston. Both games are at 6 p.m.
First-round 1A boys games Friday include Cashmere against Riverside at 3:15 p.m. at Okanogan High School; Newport against Okanogan at 5 p.m. at Omak High School; Chelan vs. Okanogan at 6:45 p.m. at Okanogan and Freeman against Brewster at 8:30 p.m. in Omak.
First-round 1A girls games Friday include Freeman vs. Okanogan at 3:15 p.m. at Omak; Kettle Falls vs. Cashmere at 5 p.m. in Okanogan; Newport vs. Brewster at 6:45 p.m. at Omak and Cascade vs. Lakeside at 8:30 p.m. in Okanogan.
Game times Saturday could differ from current bracket times if a school has two teams competing at the same time, tournament director and Omak Athletic Director Nick Popelier said.
Games resume Saturday in Omak or Okanogan with two teams eliminated and teams in the championship game determined.
Final games are Feb. 21-22 at West Valley in Spokane.
More like this story
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge