Originally published February 12, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated February 13, 2014 at 11:40a.m.
OMAK The final pairings for the bi-district boys and girls high school basketball tournaments, which start Friday, were determined following play-in games last night.
In 1A boys play, Cashmere eliminated Omak, 62-43, and Chelan knocked out Cascade, 53-49.
In 1A girls games, Okanogan overcame a slow start to send Omak home, 46-18, and Cascade beat Chelan, 47-36.
Tonight’s play-in 1B games include Odessa-Harrington girls at Republic and Inchelium girls at Wilbur-Creston. Both games are at 6 p.m.
First-round 1A boys games Friday include Cashmere against Riverside at 3:15 p.m. at Okanogan High School; Newport against Okanogan at 5 p.m. at Omak High School; Chelan vs. Okanogan at 6:45 p.m. at Okanogan and Freeman against Brewster at 8:30 p.m. in Omak.
First-round 1A girls games Friday include Freeman vs. Okanogan at 3:15 p.m. at Omak; Kettle Falls vs. Cashmere at 5 p.m. in Okanogan; Newport vs. Brewster at 6:45 p.m. at Omak and Cascade vs. Lakeside at 8:30 p.m. in Okanogan.
Game times Saturday could differ from current bracket times if a school has two teams competing at the same time, tournament director and Omak Athletic Director Nick Popelier said.
Games resume Saturday in Omak or Okanogan with two teams eliminated and teams in the championship game determined.
Final games are Feb. 21-22 at West Valley in Spokane.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge