Originally published February 12, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated February 13, 2014 at 11:40a.m.
OMAK The final pairings for the bi-district boys and girls high school basketball tournaments, which start Friday, were determined following play-in games last night.
In 1A boys play, Cashmere eliminated Omak, 62-43, and Chelan knocked out Cascade, 53-49.
In 1A girls games, Okanogan overcame a slow start to send Omak home, 46-18, and Cascade beat Chelan, 47-36.
Tonight’s play-in 1B games include Odessa-Harrington girls at Republic and Inchelium girls at Wilbur-Creston. Both games are at 6 p.m.
First-round 1A boys games Friday include Cashmere against Riverside at 3:15 p.m. at Okanogan High School; Newport against Okanogan at 5 p.m. at Omak High School; Chelan vs. Okanogan at 6:45 p.m. at Okanogan and Freeman against Brewster at 8:30 p.m. in Omak.
First-round 1A girls games Friday include Freeman vs. Okanogan at 3:15 p.m. at Omak; Kettle Falls vs. Cashmere at 5 p.m. in Okanogan; Newport vs. Brewster at 6:45 p.m. at Omak and Cascade vs. Lakeside at 8:30 p.m. in Okanogan.
Game times Saturday could differ from current bracket times if a school has two teams competing at the same time, tournament director and Omak Athletic Director Nick Popelier said.
Games resume Saturday in Omak or Okanogan with two teams eliminated and teams in the championship game determined.
Final games are Feb. 21-22 at West Valley in Spokane.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge