Originally published February 12, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated February 13, 2014 at 11:40a.m.
OMAK The final pairings for the bi-district boys and girls high school basketball tournaments, which start Friday, were determined following play-in games last night.
In 1A boys play, Cashmere eliminated Omak, 62-43, and Chelan knocked out Cascade, 53-49.
In 1A girls games, Okanogan overcame a slow start to send Omak home, 46-18, and Cascade beat Chelan, 47-36.
Tonight’s play-in 1B games include Odessa-Harrington girls at Republic and Inchelium girls at Wilbur-Creston. Both games are at 6 p.m.
First-round 1A boys games Friday include Cashmere against Riverside at 3:15 p.m. at Okanogan High School; Newport against Okanogan at 5 p.m. at Omak High School; Chelan vs. Okanogan at 6:45 p.m. at Okanogan and Freeman against Brewster at 8:30 p.m. in Omak.
First-round 1A girls games Friday include Freeman vs. Okanogan at 3:15 p.m. at Omak; Kettle Falls vs. Cashmere at 5 p.m. in Okanogan; Newport vs. Brewster at 6:45 p.m. at Omak and Cascade vs. Lakeside at 8:30 p.m. in Okanogan.
Game times Saturday could differ from current bracket times if a school has two teams competing at the same time, tournament director and Omak Athletic Director Nick Popelier said.
Games resume Saturday in Omak or Okanogan with two teams eliminated and teams in the championship game determined.
Final games are Feb. 21-22 at West Valley in Spokane.
More like this story
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-179 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-180 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-166 April 20, 27) CITY OF OKANOGAN MUNICIPAL SWIMMING POOL
- 800 (2016-167 April 20, 27) CITY OF BREWSTER INVITATION TO BID
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge