Originally published February 12, 2014 at 12:10p.m., updated February 13, 2014 at 11:40a.m.
OMAK The final pairings for the bi-district boys and girls high school basketball tournaments, which start Friday, were determined following play-in games last night.
In 1A boys play, Cashmere eliminated Omak, 62-43, and Chelan knocked out Cascade, 53-49.
In 1A girls games, Okanogan overcame a slow start to send Omak home, 46-18, and Cascade beat Chelan, 47-36.
Tonight’s play-in 1B games include Odessa-Harrington girls at Republic and Inchelium girls at Wilbur-Creston. Both games are at 6 p.m.
First-round 1A boys games Friday include Cashmere against Riverside at 3:15 p.m. at Okanogan High School; Newport against Okanogan at 5 p.m. at Omak High School; Chelan vs. Okanogan at 6:45 p.m. at Okanogan and Freeman against Brewster at 8:30 p.m. in Omak.
First-round 1A girls games Friday include Freeman vs. Okanogan at 3:15 p.m. at Omak; Kettle Falls vs. Cashmere at 5 p.m. in Okanogan; Newport vs. Brewster at 6:45 p.m. at Omak and Cascade vs. Lakeside at 8:30 p.m. in Okanogan.
Game times Saturday could differ from current bracket times if a school has two teams competing at the same time, tournament director and Omak Athletic Director Nick Popelier said.
Games resume Saturday in Omak or Okanogan with two teams eliminated and teams in the championship game determined.
Final games are Feb. 21-22 at West Valley in Spokane.
More like this story
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge