Tuesday, February 11, 2014
WENATCHEE Claire Wallis of the Loup Loup Alpine Ski Team just missed the podium last weekend during downhill races last weekend at Mission Ridge.
Wallis finished fifth in U16 and 14th overall. She was sixth in U16 on Saturday and 12th overall on Sunday.
The team normally competes at the Wolf Chase at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl, but low snow conditions canceled the annual event.
Ali Palm was 12th in U14 and 23rd overall on Saturday and 13th in U14 and 26th overall on Sunday.
Cailin Chandler was 13th in U14 and 24th overall on Saturday.
Others on the team include Bergen Patterson (U16) and William Jennings (U14), said Ingrid Patterson with the team.
Steve Nelson coaches the team.
More like this story
- Cooper Spur Race Team alum Jacqueline Wiles finds the podium in World Cup downhill event
- HRMS student Josh Nardone competes at U14 Western Regional Ski Championships
- Loup’s U12 skiers do well at Stevens Pass
- HR racers excel in Alaska
- Wiley, Muhonen lead Teacup Nordic in Bend race, pursue Jr. National invitation
- Volkssport event planned in Winthrop
- Electrical outage lead to early dismissal in Bridgeport
- Tribe seeks information on missing teen
- Lake Roosevelt kicks off homecoming season next week
- BOWLING: Ludeman rolls 711 series at Valley Lanes
- WDFW plans to conduct controlled burns on two wildlife areas if conditions allow
- OK Friendly Car Club to meet Oct. 1 for cars, coffee
- Ride a horse across the Loup on Sept. 30
- Outlaw Motorsports puts on truck races Saturday
- Autumn Leaf Run returns for 16th year