Tuesday, February 11, 2014
PUYALLUP A man connected with a child rape case in Warden was sentenced today after previously pleading guilty to receipt of child pornography.
Robert John Kearns, 54, was sentenced to five years imprisonment, and a lifetime of court supervision by Senior U.S. District Court Judge Edward F. Shea. Kearns also has to register as a sex offender.
Kearns pleaded guilty to the charge in November following an FBI and Grant County Sheriff's Office investigation.
According to court records, Kearn received pornographic images of children from Pamela Ortega of Warden. A search warrant executed April 14, 2011, located the images on Kearns' laptop.
Kearns came under investigation in a case involving Ortega, who pleaded guilty to three counts of rape of a minor and was sentenced to four concurrent terms of 25 years in prison for using her children to produce the images, court records show.
Kearns had apparently requested the images from Ortega, who in turn sent them, records show.
The case was prosecuted by Stephanie J. Lister, an assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Washington.
In Ortega's case, a Grant County court records show the mother raped her children and broadcast the acts online.
Investigators determined she had sexually abused her then 8-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son while Internet users watched, records show, noting she also molested a 2-week-old infant in her care and broadcast the act live over the internet.
Court records also show Ortega was trying to sell sex with her children to men she met online.
More like this story
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge