Tuesday, February 11, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. A lottery, which opened Monday and ends Friday, will be used to determine who gets to compete in the fourth annual Half-Corked Marathon.
The May 24 event, where people don’t race but do wear interesting costumes, is a fun-filled 18.6K walk, jog or run through beautiful wine country in the Osoyoos and Oliver areas, organizers said.
The event drew 700 participants in 2013 and is expected to draw 800 this year. To keep the entries manageable, organizers are using a lottery system for registration. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Friday.
Participants in the marathon, which is scheduled for May 24, get to sample the famous wine and food of the region as they run through vineyards, dirt roads and trails connecting the wineries. When the runners finish, there is more wine and food waiting.
There are 11 stops in the event, which is supported by the 31 wineries in the area.
Proceeds benefit Any Child Can Join and Spirit of the Game Society, two organizations that help pay expenses for children to play sports in the Oliver-Osoyoos area.
To register, log onto www.oliverosoyoos.com/halfcorked.
Winners will be notified and offered two tickets for purchase Feb. 15.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge