Tuesday, February 11, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. A lottery, which opened Monday and ends Friday, will be used to determine who gets to compete in the fourth annual Half-Corked Marathon.
The May 24 event, where people don’t race but do wear interesting costumes, is a fun-filled 18.6K walk, jog or run through beautiful wine country in the Osoyoos and Oliver areas, organizers said.
The event drew 700 participants in 2013 and is expected to draw 800 this year. To keep the entries manageable, organizers are using a lottery system for registration. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Friday.
Participants in the marathon, which is scheduled for May 24, get to sample the famous wine and food of the region as they run through vineyards, dirt roads and trails connecting the wineries. When the runners finish, there is more wine and food waiting.
There are 11 stops in the event, which is supported by the 31 wineries in the area.
Proceeds benefit Any Child Can Join and Spirit of the Game Society, two organizations that help pay expenses for children to play sports in the Oliver-Osoyoos area.
To register, log onto www.oliverosoyoos.com/halfcorked.
Winners will be notified and offered two tickets for purchase Feb. 15.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge