Friday, February 7, 2014
OMAK Two local men remain in the Okanogan County Jail today after being arrested on drug charges.
Jared James Paul Morris, 22, was arrested at his home Wednesday on two counts of delivery of a controlled substance-heroin, two counts of delivery of a controlled substance-heroin within 1,000 feet of a school and one count of possession of heroin with the intent to deliver.
Colville Tribal Police and a narcotics task force also arrested resident Jesse Leander Abrahamson, 19, for alleged delivery of a controlled substance-heroin within 1,000 feet of a school.
The two were apprehended after police executed a search warrant at Morris' home at 4 N. Fir St., two blocks from Omak Middle School..
Officers with the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Omak Police Department searched the house around 10 p.m. Wednesday and allegedly found heroin, scales, packaging materials and an undisclosed amount of cash, Okanogan COunty Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
The arrests also followed an alleged drug deal that took place in the Omak High School parking lot and the subsequent search of Morris' home, Rogers said. Abrahamson allegedly was present.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge