Friday, February 7, 2014
OMAK Two local men remain in the Okanogan County Jail today after being arrested on drug charges.
Jared James Paul Morris, 22, was arrested at his home Wednesday on two counts of delivery of a controlled substance-heroin, two counts of delivery of a controlled substance-heroin within 1,000 feet of a school and one count of possession of heroin with the intent to deliver.
Colville Tribal Police and a narcotics task force also arrested resident Jesse Leander Abrahamson, 19, for alleged delivery of a controlled substance-heroin within 1,000 feet of a school.
The two were apprehended after police executed a search warrant at Morris' home at 4 N. Fir St., two blocks from Omak Middle School..
Officers with the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Omak Police Department searched the house around 10 p.m. Wednesday and allegedly found heroin, scales, packaging materials and an undisclosed amount of cash, Okanogan COunty Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
The arrests also followed an alleged drug deal that took place in the Omak High School parking lot and the subsequent search of Morris' home, Rogers said. Abrahamson allegedly was present.
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge