Thursday, February 6, 2014
ROYAL CITY The state State Department of Transportation is looking for a freight rail operator to provide services to businesses in Grant and Adams Counties.
Transportation officials released a request for proposals today asking interested businesses to submit proposals by noon March, 19.
“This section of track has been out of service for the last 16 years,” said Alan Schrom, Commissioner for the Port of Royal Slope. “But, we’re back in business thanks to a $750,000 grant from the Washington State Legislature.”
Along with operating and maintaining 26-miles of track between Othello and Royal City, the operator will be required to design an economic development plan for competitive rail services.
The freight rail line is expected to resume service in May.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge