Thursday, February 6, 2014
ROYAL CITY The state State Department of Transportation is looking for a freight rail operator to provide services to businesses in Grant and Adams Counties.
Transportation officials released a request for proposals today asking interested businesses to submit proposals by noon March, 19.
“This section of track has been out of service for the last 16 years,” said Alan Schrom, Commissioner for the Port of Royal Slope. “But, we’re back in business thanks to a $750,000 grant from the Washington State Legislature.”
Along with operating and maintaining 26-miles of track between Othello and Royal City, the operator will be required to design an economic development plan for competitive rail services.
The freight rail line is expected to resume service in May.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting