Thursday, February 6, 2014
ROYAL CITY The state State Department of Transportation is looking for a freight rail operator to provide services to businesses in Grant and Adams Counties.
Transportation officials released a request for proposals today asking interested businesses to submit proposals by noon March, 19.
“This section of track has been out of service for the last 16 years,” said Alan Schrom, Commissioner for the Port of Royal Slope. “But, we’re back in business thanks to a $750,000 grant from the Washington State Legislature.”
Along with operating and maintaining 26-miles of track between Othello and Royal City, the operator will be required to design an economic development plan for competitive rail services.
The freight rail line is expected to resume service in May.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge