Thursday, February 6, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. Colorado Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet paid up today after loosing a Super Bowl bet to Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.
The senators had a friendly wager over the football game in which the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos, 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.
Udall and Bennet handed Murray and Cantwell a basket containing bison, peaches, bourbon and gift certificates to “Elway’s” restaurant in Denver.
Washington's senators said they'll donate the gift certificates to Fisher House of Denver, which provides a "home away from home" for military families to be closed to a loved one during hospitalization, illness, disease or injury.
“The guests of the Denver Fisher House are very excited to be the recipients of this generous donation from Sens. Murray and Cantwell,” Executive Director Melanie of the Denver Fisher House Foundation said. “After a disappointing Super Bowl and also losing a wager with Puget Sound Fisher House, the dinner at Elway’s restaurant in Denver will help lift our spirits.
"We truly appreciate their thoughtfulness when it comes to our veterans.”
More like this story
- 820 (2017-201 Aug. 9, 16, 23) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-206 Aug. 16, 23, 30, Sept. 6) UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF
- 820 (2017-210 Aug. 23, 30, Sept. 6) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 820 (2017-211 Aug. 23, 30, Sept. 6) We the undersigned Board of Directors of the Okanogan Irrigation
- 820 (2017-212 Aug. 23, 30, Sept. 6) In the Superior Court of the State of Washington In an for the
- 820 (2017-213 Aug. 23) Request for Proposals
- Fishing, hunting meeting planned in Pateros
- Students head back to classes
- Vejraskas elected as Angus convention delegates
- Wolf hunt OK'd by Colville tribe for North Half