Thursday, February 6, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. Colorado Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet paid up today after loosing a Super Bowl bet to Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.
The senators had a friendly wager over the football game in which the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos, 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.
Udall and Bennet handed Murray and Cantwell a basket containing bison, peaches, bourbon and gift certificates to “Elway’s” restaurant in Denver.
Washington's senators said they'll donate the gift certificates to Fisher House of Denver, which provides a "home away from home" for military families to be closed to a loved one during hospitalization, illness, disease or injury.
“The guests of the Denver Fisher House are very excited to be the recipients of this generous donation from Sens. Murray and Cantwell,” Executive Director Melanie of the Denver Fisher House Foundation said. “After a disappointing Super Bowl and also losing a wager with Puget Sound Fisher House, the dinner at Elway’s restaurant in Denver will help lift our spirits.
"We truly appreciate their thoughtfulness when it comes to our veterans.”
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge