Thursday, February 6, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. Colorado Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet paid up today after loosing a Super Bowl bet to Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.
The senators had a friendly wager over the football game in which the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos, 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.
Udall and Bennet handed Murray and Cantwell a basket containing bison, peaches, bourbon and gift certificates to “Elway’s” restaurant in Denver.
Washington's senators said they'll donate the gift certificates to Fisher House of Denver, which provides a "home away from home" for military families to be closed to a loved one during hospitalization, illness, disease or injury.
“The guests of the Denver Fisher House are very excited to be the recipients of this generous donation from Sens. Murray and Cantwell,” Executive Director Melanie of the Denver Fisher House Foundation said. “After a disappointing Super Bowl and also losing a wager with Puget Sound Fisher House, the dinner at Elway’s restaurant in Denver will help lift our spirits.
"We truly appreciate their thoughtfulness when it comes to our veterans.”
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge