Thursday, February 6, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. Colorado Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet paid up today after loosing a Super Bowl bet to Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.
The senators had a friendly wager over the football game in which the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos, 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.
Udall and Bennet handed Murray and Cantwell a basket containing bison, peaches, bourbon and gift certificates to “Elway’s” restaurant in Denver.
Washington's senators said they'll donate the gift certificates to Fisher House of Denver, which provides a "home away from home" for military families to be closed to a loved one during hospitalization, illness, disease or injury.
“The guests of the Denver Fisher House are very excited to be the recipients of this generous donation from Sens. Murray and Cantwell,” Executive Director Melanie of the Denver Fisher House Foundation said. “After a disappointing Super Bowl and also losing a wager with Puget Sound Fisher House, the dinner at Elway’s restaurant in Denver will help lift our spirits.
"We truly appreciate their thoughtfulness when it comes to our veterans.”
- Pickens Mountain blaze reaches 35 acresOkanogan County Emergency Management officials said state Department of Natural Resource crews are advising a wildfire burning east of town ...
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder caseOKANOGAN – Opening arguments and prosecution testimony began this morning in Okanogan County Superior Court for the October 2014 death ...
More like this story
- Pickens Mountain blaze reaches 35 acres
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge