Thursday, February 6, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. Colorado Sens. Mark Udall and Michael Bennet paid up today after loosing a Super Bowl bet to Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.
The senators had a friendly wager over the football game in which the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos, 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.
Udall and Bennet handed Murray and Cantwell a basket containing bison, peaches, bourbon and gift certificates to “Elway’s” restaurant in Denver.
Washington's senators said they'll donate the gift certificates to Fisher House of Denver, which provides a "home away from home" for military families to be closed to a loved one during hospitalization, illness, disease or injury.
“The guests of the Denver Fisher House are very excited to be the recipients of this generous donation from Sens. Murray and Cantwell,” Executive Director Melanie of the Denver Fisher House Foundation said. “After a disappointing Super Bowl and also losing a wager with Puget Sound Fisher House, the dinner at Elway’s restaurant in Denver will help lift our spirits.
"We truly appreciate their thoughtfulness when it comes to our veterans.”
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge