Wednesday, February 5, 2014
CHELAN A tiny earthquake jiggled the area south of town Monday night.
A magnitude 0.4 earthquake registered at 7:26 p.m., the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network reported.
The quake was centered 2.92 miles beneath the surface and 5.1 miles south of Chelan.
Another event registered 1.5 magnitude on Friday southeast of Grand Coulee. The tremor, 16.3 miles southeast of Grand Coulee, was attributed to a probable explosion, the network said.
The event, at 7:40 p.m., had a depth of 0.01 mile.
More like this story
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- 'Opening soon': Red Rooster Grill could come to Omak
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona
- Marchbank elected to lead Methow Valley board