Wednesday, February 5, 2014
CHELAN A tiny earthquake jiggled the area south of town Monday night.
A magnitude 0.4 earthquake registered at 7:26 p.m., the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network reported.
The quake was centered 2.92 miles beneath the surface and 5.1 miles south of Chelan.
Another event registered 1.5 magnitude on Friday southeast of Grand Coulee. The tremor, 16.3 miles southeast of Grand Coulee, was attributed to a probable explosion, the network said.
The event, at 7:40 p.m., had a depth of 0.01 mile.
More like this story
- East Wenatchee site added for discussion on managing salmon, steelhead guides
- Heavy snow closes North Cascades Highway
- Four seek vacant PUD commission post
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Sports collecting can be fun
- Okanogan soccer blanks Omak, 6-0, on senior night
- Omak edges Okanogan, 3-2, in volleyball
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot