Wednesday, February 5, 2014
CHELAN A tiny earthquake jiggled the area south of town Monday night.
A magnitude 0.4 earthquake registered at 7:26 p.m., the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network reported.
The quake was centered 2.92 miles beneath the surface and 5.1 miles south of Chelan.
Another event registered 1.5 magnitude on Friday southeast of Grand Coulee. The tremor, 16.3 miles southeast of Grand Coulee, was attributed to a probable explosion, the network said.
The event, at 7:40 p.m., had a depth of 0.01 mile.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge