Wednesday, February 5, 2014
CHELAN A tiny earthquake jiggled the area south of town Monday night.
A magnitude 0.4 earthquake registered at 7:26 p.m., the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network reported.
The quake was centered 2.92 miles beneath the surface and 5.1 miles south of Chelan.
Another event registered 1.5 magnitude on Friday southeast of Grand Coulee. The tremor, 16.3 miles southeast of Grand Coulee, was attributed to a probable explosion, the network said.
The event, at 7:40 p.m., had a depth of 0.01 mile.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge