Wednesday, February 5, 2014
CHELAN A tiny earthquake jiggled the area south of town Monday night.
A magnitude 0.4 earthquake registered at 7:26 p.m., the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network reported.
The quake was centered 2.92 miles beneath the surface and 5.1 miles south of Chelan.
Another event registered 1.5 magnitude on Friday southeast of Grand Coulee. The tremor, 16.3 miles southeast of Grand Coulee, was attributed to a probable explosion, the network said.
The event, at 7:40 p.m., had a depth of 0.01 mile.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge