Wednesday, February 5, 2014
It’s time to raise minimum wage
It’s time to stand up for working Americans.
Anytime you hear a Republican politician or a right-wing newspaper editor argue against raising the minimum wage, you can be sure they are not working for minimum wage. They are mouthpieces for rich corporations like Walmart and McDonalds, which do not want to pay their workers a living wage. The Republicans worry more about taking care of the wealth and huge corporate businesses than they care about their fellow citizens.
It’s time to raise the minimum wage to a level that is more fair to working people.
Business group backs Tonasket levy
I am writing on behalf of the Tonasket Chamber of Commerce in support of the Tonasket School District levy and bond.
I believe strong schools contribute to strong communities. Good schools are an important draw to people looking to move into our area.
Often, the first the question potential residents and entrepreneurs ask is about the school system. We have a vibrant and strong school district with beautiful facilities. We can proudly answer our community supports our schools.
Our vibrant and strong district will be in jeopardy if these measures do not pass. Without these necessary funds, cuts will have to be made to meet state-mandated longer day. Also, some of the state equalization funds will not be available.
Please consider the affect this can have on not just the school district and children, but the community and businesses. The circle of community, business and school is currently strong and I ask you to vote “yes” to keep it strong.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge