Tuesday, February 4, 2014
WATERVILLE A request to recall Bridgeport Mayor Marilynn Lynn could be one step closer to being on the ballot.
In a public hearing this morning, Douglas County Superior Court Judge John Hotchkiss determined four of 13 complaints filed Jan. 21 by resident Michael Knox could have sufficient grounds to merit a petition for recall.
Those complaints include:
- Illegal direction to the Planning Commission, a possible violation of city code.
- Illegal hiring of a city employee, a possible violation of city code and state law.
- Failure to respond to Knox’s appeal of a denied public record request.
- Failure to follow the directions of the City Council to correct an administrative error contained in a city ordinance.
Hotchkiss said he will mail a letter to Knox with his final decision on the merits of the allegations.
Lynn, with an attorney at her side, was given the opportunity to respond to all 13 complaints.
There originally were 14 complaints, but Knox withdrew the last one because the issue had been resolved after he filed the recall request, records show.
If the judge determines grounds are sufficient – which does not signal whether the complaints are true – Knox will be tasked with circulating a petition to gather signatures from at least 35 percent of the residents who voted in the 2011 mayoral election, when Lynn defeated incumbent Bill Zweigle. That's at least 85 signatures – something he said he is confident he can do.
Lynn declined to comment after the hearing.
More information from today’s hearing will be in next week’s edition of The Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge