Tuesday, February 4, 2014
WATERVILLE A request to recall Bridgeport Mayor Marilynn Lynn could be one step closer to being on the ballot.
In a public hearing this morning, Douglas County Superior Court Judge John Hotchkiss determined four of 13 complaints filed Jan. 21 by resident Michael Knox could have sufficient grounds to merit a petition for recall.
Those complaints include:
- Illegal direction to the Planning Commission, a possible violation of city code.
- Illegal hiring of a city employee, a possible violation of city code and state law.
- Failure to respond to Knox’s appeal of a denied public record request.
- Failure to follow the directions of the City Council to correct an administrative error contained in a city ordinance.
Hotchkiss said he will mail a letter to Knox with his final decision on the merits of the allegations.
Lynn, with an attorney at her side, was given the opportunity to respond to all 13 complaints.
There originally were 14 complaints, but Knox withdrew the last one because the issue had been resolved after he filed the recall request, records show.
If the judge determines grounds are sufficient – which does not signal whether the complaints are true – Knox will be tasked with circulating a petition to gather signatures from at least 35 percent of the residents who voted in the 2011 mayoral election, when Lynn defeated incumbent Bill Zweigle. That's at least 85 signatures – something he said he is confident he can do.
Lynn declined to comment after the hearing.
More information from today’s hearing will be in next week’s edition of The Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge