Tuesday, February 4, 2014
WATERVILLE A request to recall Bridgeport Mayor Marilynn Lynn could be one step closer to being on the ballot.
In a public hearing this morning, Douglas County Superior Court Judge John Hotchkiss determined four of 13 complaints filed Jan. 21 by resident Michael Knox could have sufficient grounds to merit a petition for recall.
Those complaints include:
- Illegal direction to the Planning Commission, a possible violation of city code.
- Illegal hiring of a city employee, a possible violation of city code and state law.
- Failure to respond to Knox’s appeal of a denied public record request.
- Failure to follow the directions of the City Council to correct an administrative error contained in a city ordinance.
Hotchkiss said he will mail a letter to Knox with his final decision on the merits of the allegations.
Lynn, with an attorney at her side, was given the opportunity to respond to all 13 complaints.
There originally were 14 complaints, but Knox withdrew the last one because the issue had been resolved after he filed the recall request, records show.
If the judge determines grounds are sufficient – which does not signal whether the complaints are true – Knox will be tasked with circulating a petition to gather signatures from at least 35 percent of the residents who voted in the 2011 mayoral election, when Lynn defeated incumbent Bill Zweigle. That's at least 85 signatures – something he said he is confident he can do.
Lynn declined to comment after the hearing.
More information from today’s hearing will be in next week’s edition of The Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE