Thursday, August 28, 2014
CARLTON State Highway 153 remains closed from Milepost 22 to about Milepost 28 at Benson Creek because of mudslides and rocks over the roadway.
The slides occurred a week ago when a storm dumped rain on areas burned in the Carlton Complex fire.
There’s no estimated time for reopening, the state Department of Transportation said.
A detour is available on Twisp-Carlton Road.
More like this story
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo
- Okanogan council OKs annexation
- Chelan Falls man sentenced for tax fraud
- Defendant loses burglary conviction appeal
- Grant aimed at helping north central Washington economy
- Program focuses on air quality
- Cider squeeze planned Oct. 1
- Donations accepted for CCC rummage sale
- 'The Last Salmon' returns to Twisp stage