Thursday, August 7, 2014
TWISP More than a dozen natural resource agencies and organizations will be available Wednesday to talk with landowners about post-fire recovery of the landscape.
The event will be from 6-8 p.m. at the Methow Valley Community Center gym, 201 Methow Valley Highway.
After opening remarks from agency representatives, those attending can visit with representatives and pick up information.
Groups that will be present are Okanogan Conservation District; state departments of Natural Resources, Fish and Wildlife and Agriculture; U.S. Forest Service, Department of Agriculture Natural Resource Conservation Service and National Weather Service.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge