Tuesday, August 5, 2014
KELLER Colville Tribal Police have issued a Level 3 (highest) evacuation notice residents of the San Poil Valley because of the Devil’s Elbow Complex fire.
The order is for Bridge Creek Road to Thirty Mile Road. About 20-25 homes and structures are threatened.
State Highway 21 is also closed 20 miles south of Republic from milepost 128 to milepost 140.
Mid-Okanogan Valley fire departments were notified shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday that they might be needed for structure protection.
The Devil's Elbow Complex fires were reported Aug. 3 north of Keller.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge