Tuesday, August 5, 2014
KELLER Colville Tribal Police have issued a Level 3 (highest) evacuation notice residents of the San Poil Valley because of the Devil’s Elbow Complex fire.
The order is for Bridge Creek Road to Thirty Mile Road. About 20-25 homes and structures are threatened.
State Highway 21 is also closed 20 miles south of Republic from milepost 128 to milepost 140.
Mid-Okanogan Valley fire departments were notified shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday that they might be needed for structure protection.
The Devil's Elbow Complex fires were reported Aug. 3 north of Keller.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge