Monday, August 4, 2014
CARLTON CenturyLink has restored voice communications, including 911, local and long-distance calling, to the Methow Valley.
More damage was found on the fiber cable than originally detected and restoration work continues on Internet connections, the company said.
The lines were damaged by the Carlton Complex fire.
“CenturyLink understands staying connected in times of natural disaster is critical,” said Tom Novotney, CenturyLink’s vice president and general manager for Eastern Washington.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires