Monday, August 4, 2014
CARLTON CenturyLink has restored voice communications, including 911, local and long-distance calling, to the Methow Valley.
More damage was found on the fiber cable than originally detected and restoration work continues on Internet connections, the company said.
The lines were damaged by the Carlton Complex fire.
“CenturyLink understands staying connected in times of natural disaster is critical,” said Tom Novotney, CenturyLink’s vice president and general manager for Eastern Washington.
More like this story
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge