Monday, August 4, 2014
CARLTON CenturyLink has restored voice communications, including 911, local and long-distance calling, to the Methow Valley.
More damage was found on the fiber cable than originally detected and restoration work continues on Internet connections, the company said.
The lines were damaged by the Carlton Complex fire.
“CenturyLink understands staying connected in times of natural disaster is critical,” said Tom Novotney, CenturyLink’s vice president and general manager for Eastern Washington.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington