Monday, August 4, 2014
CARLTON CenturyLink has restored voice communications, including 911, local and long-distance calling, to the Methow Valley.
More damage was found on the fiber cable than originally detected and restoration work continues on Internet connections, the company said.
The lines were damaged by the Carlton Complex fire.
“CenturyLink understands staying connected in times of natural disaster is critical,” said Tom Novotney, CenturyLink’s vice president and general manager for Eastern Washington.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge