Friday, August 1, 2014
OKANOGAN Crews from fire departments all over the Okanogan Valley were called shortly before 4 p.m. to send “any available units” to the upper Methow Valley for two wildfires.
One of the fires already has burned at least one home along state Highway 20 at milepost 198 between Twisp and Winthrop. It was moving toward the Twin Lakes area south of Winthrop.
Upper Bear Creek Road, on the opposite side of the Methow River, also is under Level 3 evacuation, as is the Pearrygin Lake area.
The fires’ causes are not yet known.
Level 3 (highest) evacuations have been ordered for the area.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge