Friday, August 1, 2014
OKANOGAN Crews from fire departments all over the Okanogan Valley were called shortly before 4 p.m. to send “any available units” to the upper Methow Valley for two wildfires.
One of the fires already has burned at least one home along state Highway 20 at milepost 198 between Twisp and Winthrop. It was moving toward the Twin Lakes area south of Winthrop.
Upper Bear Creek Road, on the opposite side of the Methow River, also is under Level 3 evacuation, as is the Pearrygin Lake area.
The fires’ causes are not yet known.
Level 3 (highest) evacuations have been ordered for the area.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash