Friday, August 1, 2014
OKANOGAN Crews from fire departments all over the Okanogan Valley were called shortly before 4 p.m. to send “any available units” to the upper Methow Valley for two wildfires.
One of the fires already has burned at least one home along state Highway 20 at milepost 198 between Twisp and Winthrop. It was moving toward the Twin Lakes area south of Winthrop.
Upper Bear Creek Road, on the opposite side of the Methow River, also is under Level 3 evacuation, as is the Pearrygin Lake area.
The fires’ causes are not yet known.
Level 3 (highest) evacuations have been ordered for the area.
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge