Friday, August 1, 2014
OKANOGAN Crews from fire departments all over the Okanogan Valley were called shortly before 4 p.m. to send “any available units” to the upper Methow Valley for two wildfires.
One of the fires already has burned at least one home along state Highway 20 at milepost 198 between Twisp and Winthrop. It was moving toward the Twin Lakes area south of Winthrop.
Upper Bear Creek Road, on the opposite side of the Methow River, also is under Level 3 evacuation, as is the Pearrygin Lake area.
The fires’ causes are not yet known.
Level 3 (highest) evacuations have been ordered for the area.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting