Friday, August 1, 2014
OKANOGAN Crews from fire departments all over the Okanogan Valley were called shortly before 4 p.m. to send “any available units” to the upper Methow Valley for two wildfires.
One of the fires already has burned at least one home along state Highway 20 at milepost 198 between Twisp and Winthrop. It was moving toward the Twin Lakes area south of Winthrop.
Upper Bear Creek Road, on the opposite side of the Methow River, also is under Level 3 evacuation, as is the Pearrygin Lake area.
The fires’ causes are not yet known.
Level 3 (highest) evacuations have been ordered for the area.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge