Wednesday, April 30, 2014
OKANOGAN Modern rifles (AR-15) were allowed for the first time at a Garand rifle match Saturday at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range.
“Next year, we will not schedule this on the opening day of fishing season,” spokesman Ralph Malone said.
“Thank you to all who helped out and participated,” said Malone, who said three new shooters competed.
One of the new shooters, Leonel Flowers, recorded the best score, 468 out of 500 possible.
“Special thanks to Jan Ayres for being our notary public, Betty Cleveland for being our statistical officer, Julie Duke for doing the burgers for lunch and Tim Rieb for being the range officer,” Malone said.
Also new were Dave Aspirion and Casey Dee.
A National Rifle Association approved service/highpower rifle match is May 31 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range, 241 B&O Road. There also are NRA-approved matches June 21 in Okanogan plus July 26 and Aug. 17 in Riverside.
There is a CMP .22 sporting rifle match June 1 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council upper range.
More information is available from Malone at 509-826-7600 or Chad Cleveland at 509-422-2130.
Saturday results (out of possible 500)
Leonel Flowers 468
Chad Cleveland 447
David Aspirion 439
Spencer Cleveland 435
Ralph Malone 422
Scott Miller 401
Casey Dee 381
More like this story
- Volkssport event planned in Winthrop
- Electrical outage lead to early dismissal in Bridgeport
- Tribe seeks information on missing teen
- Lake Roosevelt kicks off homecoming season next week
- BOWLING: Ludeman rolls 711 series at Valley Lanes
- WDFW plans to conduct controlled burns on two wildlife areas if conditions allow
- OK Friendly Car Club to meet Oct. 1 for cars, coffee
- Ride a horse across the Loup on Sept. 30
- Outlaw Motorsports puts on truck races Saturday
- Autumn Leaf Run returns for 16th year