Wednesday, April 30, 2014
OKANOGAN Modern rifles (AR-15) were allowed for the first time at a Garand rifle match Saturday at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range.
“Next year, we will not schedule this on the opening day of fishing season,” spokesman Ralph Malone said.
“Thank you to all who helped out and participated,” said Malone, who said three new shooters competed.
One of the new shooters, Leonel Flowers, recorded the best score, 468 out of 500 possible.
“Special thanks to Jan Ayres for being our notary public, Betty Cleveland for being our statistical officer, Julie Duke for doing the burgers for lunch and Tim Rieb for being the range officer,” Malone said.
Also new were Dave Aspirion and Casey Dee.
A National Rifle Association approved service/highpower rifle match is May 31 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range, 241 B&O Road. There also are NRA-approved matches June 21 in Okanogan plus July 26 and Aug. 17 in Riverside.
There is a CMP .22 sporting rifle match June 1 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council upper range.
More information is available from Malone at 509-826-7600 or Chad Cleveland at 509-422-2130.
Saturday results (out of possible 500)
Leonel Flowers 468
Chad Cleveland 447
David Aspirion 439
Spencer Cleveland 435
Ralph Malone 422
Scott Miller 401
Casey Dee 381
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS