Wednesday, April 30, 2014
OKANOGAN Modern rifles (AR-15) were allowed for the first time at a Garand rifle match Saturday at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range.
“Next year, we will not schedule this on the opening day of fishing season,” spokesman Ralph Malone said.
“Thank you to all who helped out and participated,” said Malone, who said three new shooters competed.
One of the new shooters, Leonel Flowers, recorded the best score, 468 out of 500 possible.
“Special thanks to Jan Ayres for being our notary public, Betty Cleveland for being our statistical officer, Julie Duke for doing the burgers for lunch and Tim Rieb for being the range officer,” Malone said.
Also new were Dave Aspirion and Casey Dee.
A National Rifle Association approved service/highpower rifle match is May 31 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range, 241 B&O Road. There also are NRA-approved matches June 21 in Okanogan plus July 26 and Aug. 17 in Riverside.
There is a CMP .22 sporting rifle match June 1 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council upper range.
More information is available from Malone at 509-826-7600 or Chad Cleveland at 509-422-2130.
Saturday results (out of possible 500)
Leonel Flowers 468
Chad Cleveland 447
David Aspirion 439
Spencer Cleveland 435
Ralph Malone 422
Scott Miller 401
Casey Dee 381
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY