Wednesday, April 30, 2014
OKANOGAN Modern rifles (AR-15) were allowed for the first time at a Garand rifle match Saturday at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range.
“Next year, we will not schedule this on the opening day of fishing season,” spokesman Ralph Malone said.
“Thank you to all who helped out and participated,” said Malone, who said three new shooters competed.
One of the new shooters, Leonel Flowers, recorded the best score, 468 out of 500 possible.
“Special thanks to Jan Ayres for being our notary public, Betty Cleveland for being our statistical officer, Julie Duke for doing the burgers for lunch and Tim Rieb for being the range officer,” Malone said.
Also new were Dave Aspirion and Casey Dee.
A National Rifle Association approved service/highpower rifle match is May 31 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range, 241 B&O Road. There also are NRA-approved matches June 21 in Okanogan plus July 26 and Aug. 17 in Riverside.
There is a CMP .22 sporting rifle match June 1 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council upper range.
More information is available from Malone at 509-826-7600 or Chad Cleveland at 509-422-2130.
Saturday results (out of possible 500)
Leonel Flowers 468
Chad Cleveland 447
David Aspirion 439
Spencer Cleveland 435
Ralph Malone 422
Scott Miller 401
Casey Dee 381
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- Fire damages building supply
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL