Wednesday, April 30, 2014
OKANOGAN Modern rifles (AR-15) were allowed for the first time at a Garand rifle match Saturday at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range.
“Next year, we will not schedule this on the opening day of fishing season,” spokesman Ralph Malone said.
“Thank you to all who helped out and participated,” said Malone, who said three new shooters competed.
One of the new shooters, Leonel Flowers, recorded the best score, 468 out of 500 possible.
“Special thanks to Jan Ayres for being our notary public, Betty Cleveland for being our statistical officer, Julie Duke for doing the burgers for lunch and Tim Rieb for being the range officer,” Malone said.
Also new were Dave Aspirion and Casey Dee.
A National Rifle Association approved service/highpower rifle match is May 31 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council Range, 241 B&O Road. There also are NRA-approved matches June 21 in Okanogan plus July 26 and Aug. 17 in Riverside.
There is a CMP .22 sporting rifle match June 1 at the Okanogan Wildlife Council upper range.
More information is available from Malone at 509-826-7600 or Chad Cleveland at 509-422-2130.
Saturday results (out of possible 500)
Leonel Flowers 468
Chad Cleveland 447
David Aspirion 439
Spencer Cleveland 435
Ralph Malone 422
Scott Miller 401
Casey Dee 381
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge