Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE