Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge