Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge