Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON