Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge