Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge