Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge