Wednesday, April 30, 2014
EAST WENATCHEE Six Eastmont School District students needed to catch a ride home on a different school bus after the one they were riding in hit a Mustang on Tuesday.
Nobody was injured in the crash.
According to Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the crash occurred at 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Badger Mountain Road and Canyon Hills Drive.
"The investigation revealed that an Eastmont School district bus was preparing to make a left turn onto Badger Mountain Road," the sheriff said. "The driver did not see a W/B mustang which was approaching the intersection."
The bus driver started the turn and slammed into the driver-side door of the sports car, the sheriff said.
There were six students aboard the bus, but none were injured, he said. The district sent a second bus to transport them home.
Following the investigation, the Mustang was towed from the scene.
The names of the drivers and students were not immediately available.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.