Monday, April 28, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. Fifth-Congressional District Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Spokane has won this year's National Hydropower Association Legislator of the Year aard.
“It is a tremendous honor to receive NHA’s Legislator of the Year award," McMorris Rodgers, a Republican, said Monday. "Hydropower affords us great opportunity for energy growth, and I look forward to continuing to support its development.”
The Congresswoman co-authored the bipartisan Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act last year, which streamlines the permitting process for small hydropower and conduit projects.
The legislation passed the House unanimously and was signed into law in August. She continues to pursue hydropower opportunities.
“We owe it to the Pacific Northwest and to the rest of the country to expand an energy source that will not only lower energy costs for the working middle class, but create thousands of new jobs,” she said.
McMorris Rodgers represents Ferry County, among others in Easter Washington.
More like this story
- Dansel resigns state Senate to join Trump administration
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge