Sunday, April 27, 2014
ELECTRIC CITY A new disabled-accessible fishing pier has been added at Steamboat Rock State Park.
The state Parks and Recreation Commission will dedicate the new Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible pier at 11:30 a.m. Monday. The ceremony will be at the state boat launch on Banks Lake.
The event celebrates completion of the 12-year project of the Rotary Club of Grand Coulee Dam, working in collaboration with Washington State Parks and other organizations. State Parks staff and representatives from the other involved civic groups will attend.
Parking for the event is in the day-use area near the boat launch. A state Discover Pass is required.
The Rotary Club began the project in 2000, establishing a location for the pier and working with Washington State Parks to meet permit and construction requirements to the standards. The $60,000 project received grant support from Rotary District 5060; the Columbia Basin Foundation of Ephrata, Grand Coulee Lions Club, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation and individual donations.
The community also raised money through Rotary Club spaghetti feeds and additionally donated time and materials worth $13,000 to build the concrete base-anchor for the pier.
More like this story
- Federal lands blocked
- Fish passage Fixes at Wanapum Dam to be completed April 15; first weeks of spring run trucked
- Wanapum Dam Crack: With Spring Chinook On the Way Upstream Fish Passage High Priority
- (2014-066 Jan. 29) Notice of Final Decision Washington State Parks Boat Launch SE 2014-1
- Weekly fishing reports for Oregon
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge