Sunday, April 27, 2014
ELECTRIC CITY A new disabled-accessible fishing pier has been added at Steamboat Rock State Park.
The state Parks and Recreation Commission will dedicate the new Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible pier at 11:30 a.m. Monday. The ceremony will be at the state boat launch on Banks Lake.
The event celebrates completion of the 12-year project of the Rotary Club of Grand Coulee Dam, working in collaboration with Washington State Parks and other organizations. State Parks staff and representatives from the other involved civic groups will attend.
Parking for the event is in the day-use area near the boat launch. A state Discover Pass is required.
The Rotary Club began the project in 2000, establishing a location for the pier and working with Washington State Parks to meet permit and construction requirements to the standards. The $60,000 project received grant support from Rotary District 5060; the Columbia Basin Foundation of Ephrata, Grand Coulee Lions Club, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation and individual donations.
The community also raised money through Rotary Club spaghetti feeds and additionally donated time and materials worth $13,000 to build the concrete base-anchor for the pier.
More like this story
- Federal lands blocked
- Fish passage Fixes at Wanapum Dam to be completed April 15; first weeks of spring run trucked
- Wanapum Dam Crack: With Spring Chinook On the Way Upstream Fish Passage High Priority
- (2014-066 Jan. 29) Notice of Final Decision Washington State Parks Boat Launch SE 2014-1
- Weekly fishing reports for Oregon
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge