Sunday, April 27, 2014
ELECTRIC CITY A new disabled-accessible fishing pier has been added at Steamboat Rock State Park.
The state Parks and Recreation Commission will dedicate the new Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible pier at 11:30 a.m. Monday. The ceremony will be at the state boat launch on Banks Lake.
The event celebrates completion of the 12-year project of the Rotary Club of Grand Coulee Dam, working in collaboration with Washington State Parks and other organizations. State Parks staff and representatives from the other involved civic groups will attend.
Parking for the event is in the day-use area near the boat launch. A state Discover Pass is required.
The Rotary Club began the project in 2000, establishing a location for the pier and working with Washington State Parks to meet permit and construction requirements to the standards. The $60,000 project received grant support from Rotary District 5060; the Columbia Basin Foundation of Ephrata, Grand Coulee Lions Club, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation and individual donations.
The community also raised money through Rotary Club spaghetti feeds and additionally donated time and materials worth $13,000 to build the concrete base-anchor for the pier.
More like this story
- Federal lands blocked
- Fish passage Fixes at Wanapum Dam to be completed April 15; first weeks of spring run trucked
- Wanapum Dam Crack: With Spring Chinook On the Way Upstream Fish Passage High Priority
- (2014-066 Jan. 29) Notice of Final Decision Washington State Parks Boat Launch SE 2014-1
- Weekly fishing reports for Oregon
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge