Sunday, April 27, 2014
ELECTRIC CITY A new disabled-accessible fishing pier has been added at Steamboat Rock State Park.
The state Parks and Recreation Commission will dedicate the new Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible pier at 11:30 a.m. Monday. The ceremony will be at the state boat launch on Banks Lake.
The event celebrates completion of the 12-year project of the Rotary Club of Grand Coulee Dam, working in collaboration with Washington State Parks and other organizations. State Parks staff and representatives from the other involved civic groups will attend.
Parking for the event is in the day-use area near the boat launch. A state Discover Pass is required.
The Rotary Club began the project in 2000, establishing a location for the pier and working with Washington State Parks to meet permit and construction requirements to the standards. The $60,000 project received grant support from Rotary District 5060; the Columbia Basin Foundation of Ephrata, Grand Coulee Lions Club, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation and individual donations.
The community also raised money through Rotary Club spaghetti feeds and additionally donated time and materials worth $13,000 to build the concrete base-anchor for the pier.
More like this story
- Federal lands blocked
- Fish passage Fixes at Wanapum Dam to be completed April 15; first weeks of spring run trucked
- Wanapum Dam Crack: With Spring Chinook On the Way Upstream Fish Passage High Priority
- (2014-066 Jan. 29) Notice of Final Decision Washington State Parks Boat Launch SE 2014-1
- Weekly fishing reports for Oregon
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge