Sunday, April 27, 2014
OMAK Officials with the Omak School District and Economic Alliance are taking a wait-and-see attitude in the wake of boys basketball coach and alliance board Chairman Kyle W. Desautel’s arrest by Colville Tribal Police.
Desautel, 35, was arrested April 13 on suspicion of disobedience of a lawful court order and resisting arrest or process.
Tribal Police Cmdr. Tom Holsworth said Desautel was arrested under tribal code.
He has since been released.
“The case is still under investigation and no further information is being released at this time,” Holsworth said.
Desautel could not be reached for comment.
Omak High School Athletic Director Nick Popelier declined to comment, other than to say he is investigating how to proceed.
Principal David Kirk said the situation is a personnel matter.
He declined to comment and did not respond to a question of whether Desautel is still coaching.
Desautel also serves as chairman of the Economic Alliance board and on the Okanogan County Tourism Council.
The two entities share some staff.
Alliance Executive Director Roni Holder-Diefenbach said Desautel continues to serve on both boards.
She declined further comment.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge