Sunday, April 27, 2014
OMAK Officials with the Omak School District and Economic Alliance are taking a wait-and-see attitude in the wake of boys basketball coach and alliance board Chairman Kyle W. Desautel’s arrest by Colville Tribal Police.
Desautel, 35, was arrested April 13 on suspicion of disobedience of a lawful court order and resisting arrest or process.
Tribal Police Cmdr. Tom Holsworth said Desautel was arrested under tribal code.
He has since been released.
“The case is still under investigation and no further information is being released at this time,” Holsworth said.
Desautel could not be reached for comment.
Omak High School Athletic Director Nick Popelier declined to comment, other than to say he is investigating how to proceed.
Principal David Kirk said the situation is a personnel matter.
He declined to comment and did not respond to a question of whether Desautel is still coaching.
Desautel also serves as chairman of the Economic Alliance board and on the Okanogan County Tourism Council.
The two entities share some staff.
Alliance Executive Director Roni Holder-Diefenbach said Desautel continues to serve on both boards.
She declined further comment.
More like this story
- Manta Rays sting Bearcudas swimmers
- Area tennis players tough at USTA
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Coaches bleed school colors
- Wenatchee bass team finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third