Sunday, April 27, 2014
OMAK Officials with the Omak School District and Economic Alliance are taking a wait-and-see attitude in the wake of boys basketball coach and alliance board Chairman Kyle W. Desautel’s arrest by Colville Tribal Police.
Desautel, 35, was arrested April 13 on suspicion of disobedience of a lawful court order and resisting arrest or process.
Tribal Police Cmdr. Tom Holsworth said Desautel was arrested under tribal code.
He has since been released.
“The case is still under investigation and no further information is being released at this time,” Holsworth said.
Desautel could not be reached for comment.
Omak High School Athletic Director Nick Popelier declined to comment, other than to say he is investigating how to proceed.
Principal David Kirk said the situation is a personnel matter.
He declined to comment and did not respond to a question of whether Desautel is still coaching.
Desautel also serves as chairman of the Economic Alliance board and on the Okanogan County Tourism Council.
The two entities share some staff.
Alliance Executive Director Roni Holder-Diefenbach said Desautel continues to serve on both boards.
She declined further comment.
More like this story
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget
- WVCO seeks comments on new wildland fire program
- Free Thanksgiving meals offered
- Middle school students collect food for those in need
- Stampede inducts Dunckel, crowns Marchand as queen
- Navy apologizes for phallic skywriting