Sunday, April 27, 2014
OMAK Ricardo Garcia finished with two goals and an assist in helping lead Brewster past Omak, 7-2, in a Caribou Trail League soccer match Tuesday.
Cristian Talavera, Isidro Najera, Alex Mendez and Juan Perez also scored goals for the Bears.
Luis Rosales had two assists and Luis Orozco an assist.
Bear goalkeeper Victor Chacon had three saves in the first half. Edgar Arroyo had a save in the second half in goal.
German Ramirez for Omak scored on a free kick and on an assist from Jose Galvan.
Galvan finished with 13 saves on 21 shots by Brewster.
“The guys played well,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “The second half was like night and day. They came out with energy and attacked. This was a huge improvement. This was also our senior night. We celebrated German Ramirez and Carlos Avila and their families.”
Omak (0-11 overall, 0-9 league), which finishes the season with five straight road games, is at Tonasket (5-6, 3-6) and Brewster (8-2, 7-2) is at Okanogan (9-2, 7-2) on Tuesday.
TONASKET – Okanogan soccer kept itself tied for second place with Brewster following a 4-1 victory over Tonasket on Tuesday in Caribou Trail League play.
Tonasket led 1-0 when Okanogan’s Justin Rivas scored off an assist from Jorge Marquez.
Rivas scored the next three goals off assists from Jason Perez.
“Defensively, we struggled at first, but then the we made some adjustments,” Okanogan coach Dean Klepec said. “Then we did a better job of not allowing them easy shots on goal. When they got shots Enrique Vargas made some great saves.”
The league tie should be broken this Tuesday when Brewster (8-2 overall, 7-2 league) goes to Okanogan (9-2, 7-2).
OROVILLE – Bridgeport topped Oroville, 9-1, in a league match Monday.
“Once they got up by four goals, I started putting in my bench and giving the younger players time,” Oroville coach Mike Pitts said.
Liberty Bell (9-2 overall, 3-0 league) is at Bridgeport (6-3, 1-1) on Tuesday.
More like this story
- Tennis: Okanogan claims two district championships
- Baseball: Okanogan survives first round of regionals
- Soccer: Connell knocks Brewster out of state playoffs, 1-0
- Oversized load will slow Grand Coulee traffic
- Norwill takes medalist honors in playoff
- 1B/2B/1A District 6 tennis finishes first day of tournament
- Construction set for Coho salmon acclimation pond
- First NRA rifle match slated for Saturday at Okanogan
- Baseball: Liberty Bell, Brewster open 2B state at Ferris High School
- Baseball: Okanogan adances to first round of state 1A