Sunday, April 27, 2014
OMAK Ricardo Garcia finished with two goals and an assist in helping lead Brewster past Omak, 7-2, in a Caribou Trail League soccer match Tuesday.
Cristian Talavera, Isidro Najera, Alex Mendez and Juan Perez also scored goals for the Bears.
Luis Rosales had two assists and Luis Orozco an assist.
Bear goalkeeper Victor Chacon had three saves in the first half. Edgar Arroyo had a save in the second half in goal.
German Ramirez for Omak scored on a free kick and on an assist from Jose Galvan.
Galvan finished with 13 saves on 21 shots by Brewster.
“The guys played well,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “The second half was like night and day. They came out with energy and attacked. This was a huge improvement. This was also our senior night. We celebrated German Ramirez and Carlos Avila and their families.”
Omak (0-11 overall, 0-9 league), which finishes the season with five straight road games, is at Tonasket (5-6, 3-6) and Brewster (8-2, 7-2) is at Okanogan (9-2, 7-2) on Tuesday.
TONASKET – Okanogan soccer kept itself tied for second place with Brewster following a 4-1 victory over Tonasket on Tuesday in Caribou Trail League play.
Tonasket led 1-0 when Okanogan’s Justin Rivas scored off an assist from Jorge Marquez.
Rivas scored the next three goals off assists from Jason Perez.
“Defensively, we struggled at first, but then the we made some adjustments,” Okanogan coach Dean Klepec said. “Then we did a better job of not allowing them easy shots on goal. When they got shots Enrique Vargas made some great saves.”
The league tie should be broken this Tuesday when Brewster (8-2 overall, 7-2 league) goes to Okanogan (9-2, 7-2).
OROVILLE – Bridgeport topped Oroville, 9-1, in a league match Monday.
“Once they got up by four goals, I started putting in my bench and giving the younger players time,” Oroville coach Mike Pitts said.
Liberty Bell (9-2 overall, 3-0 league) is at Bridgeport (6-3, 1-1) on Tuesday.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options