Sunday, April 27, 2014
OMAK Ricardo Garcia finished with two goals and an assist in helping lead Brewster past Omak, 7-2, in a Caribou Trail League soccer match Tuesday.
Cristian Talavera, Isidro Najera, Alex Mendez and Juan Perez also scored goals for the Bears.
Luis Rosales had two assists and Luis Orozco an assist.
Bear goalkeeper Victor Chacon had three saves in the first half. Edgar Arroyo had a save in the second half in goal.
German Ramirez for Omak scored on a free kick and on an assist from Jose Galvan.
Galvan finished with 13 saves on 21 shots by Brewster.
“The guys played well,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “The second half was like night and day. They came out with energy and attacked. This was a huge improvement. This was also our senior night. We celebrated German Ramirez and Carlos Avila and their families.”
Omak (0-11 overall, 0-9 league), which finishes the season with five straight road games, is at Tonasket (5-6, 3-6) and Brewster (8-2, 7-2) is at Okanogan (9-2, 7-2) on Tuesday.
TONASKET – Okanogan soccer kept itself tied for second place with Brewster following a 4-1 victory over Tonasket on Tuesday in Caribou Trail League play.
Tonasket led 1-0 when Okanogan’s Justin Rivas scored off an assist from Jorge Marquez.
Rivas scored the next three goals off assists from Jason Perez.
“Defensively, we struggled at first, but then the we made some adjustments,” Okanogan coach Dean Klepec said. “Then we did a better job of not allowing them easy shots on goal. When they got shots Enrique Vargas made some great saves.”
The league tie should be broken this Tuesday when Brewster (8-2 overall, 7-2 league) goes to Okanogan (9-2, 7-2).
OROVILLE – Bridgeport topped Oroville, 9-1, in a league match Monday.
“Once they got up by four goals, I started putting in my bench and giving the younger players time,” Oroville coach Mike Pitts said.
Liberty Bell (9-2 overall, 3-0 league) is at Bridgeport (6-3, 1-1) on Tuesday.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge