Thursday, April 24, 2014
TONASKET Fiber-optic customers will see an interruption in their service early Friday morning as Okanogan County Public Utility District crews perform maintenance.
A six-hour outage is planned starting at 12:01 a.m., according to the utility’s website. It is not an electrical outage, so only customers receiving fiber services, such as Internet, through service providers who buy from the utility district will be affected.
“During this time period, all traffic to Tonasket Nortons Knob, AP30035 (Double AP Wi-Fi site just north of Tonasket), and AP30036 (near Tonasket Airport), and fiber connectivity to Ellisforde Pickens Mountain will be interrupted,” the utility’s website said.
The work is estimated to take only about three hours, but a six-hour block has been scheduled to deal with any unforeseen issues that may arise.
A similar outage is planned for May 2 in Okanogan.
More like this story
- East Wenatchee site added for discussion on managing salmon, steelhead guides
- Heavy snow closes North Cascades Highway
- Four seek vacant PUD commission post
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Sports collecting can be fun
- Okanogan soccer blanks Omak, 6-0, on senior night
- Omak edges Okanogan, 3-2, in volleyball
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot