Thursday, April 24, 2014
TONASKET Fiber-optic customers will see an interruption in their service early Friday morning as Okanogan County Public Utility District crews perform maintenance.
A six-hour outage is planned starting at 12:01 a.m., according to the utility’s website. It is not an electrical outage, so only customers receiving fiber services, such as Internet, through service providers who buy from the utility district will be affected.
“During this time period, all traffic to Tonasket Nortons Knob, AP30035 (Double AP Wi-Fi site just north of Tonasket), and AP30036 (near Tonasket Airport), and fiber connectivity to Ellisforde Pickens Mountain will be interrupted,” the utility’s website said.
The work is estimated to take only about three hours, but a six-hour block has been scheduled to deal with any unforeseen issues that may arise.
A similar outage is planned for May 2 in Okanogan.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge